“Nothing exciting”

St. Louis Union Station
Ranked #5 of 51 Shopping in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1894, this massive Romanesque-style building was one of the largest train terminals in the world.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing exciting”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place isn't the coolest place in Saint Louis, that is for sure. This place seems to lose tenants everytime I stop in. I have only been a few times b/c I have never been impressed. Even the taffy store closed!! The fudge place is the most exciting thing about union station. They really need to revitalize this place.

• Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Interesting Station”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at a hotel near this old station and visited it most days. Sadly there are a lot of empty and closed shops, but the ones trading are pretty good as are the places to eat. The original building and the historical displays are very interesting and well worth a visit to anyone interested in railways or US history.

Visited September 2012
Arlington, Virginia
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Almost dead”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Union Station was revitalized back in the late '80s with shops, restaurants, a hotel, and a small "lake" that included paddle boats. In my first visit back in '91, it was a crowded busy place. Now, it's almost dead. Most of the restaurants are gone (the Hardrock is still out back), and there are only a few shops left. On may latest trip to STL, I walked through there... it was kind of depressing.

Visited January 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very few stores”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I cannot believe how many empty spots are in Union Station. There use to be restaurants and a lot of unique shops. Someone needs to revitilize, again!

Visited November 2012
Peoria Heights, Illinois
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Sad sorry remains of something once great...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

When I was in high school my mom and I took a trip to St Louis. This was then my dream shopping destination. It had tons of shops and was hustling and bustling full of people. Now it is dark and sad and kinda scary. I was glad I had my husband with me. There are a few no name and knock-off stores, a few "we buy gold" stores, and cheap jewelry stores. Nothing I have ever heard of. I couldn't even show my hubs the ballroom bc it was locked off. It is very sad to see this beautiful historical place reduced to the shell of it's former self.

Visited December 2012