Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
World Class Zoo...and the best bargain in town (FREE!)

The St. Louis Zoo is a treasure. It is meticulously manicured, and wonderfully curated with... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
GoToGrowGirl
Atlanta, Georgia
Great time

My family visited on a cold day, but found it well worth it! We had an excellent time looking at... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

More Info
from $58.00
More Info
7,921 results
All reviews polar bear sea lion show penguin exhibit safari pass big cats reptile house free admission train ride pay to park world class great exhibits parking fee art museum animals hippos habitat carousel
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This Zoo is so beautiful and FREE! The surrounding Forest Park area is perfect for picnics if you are trying to hold down costs or you can take advantage of the many food vendors. Walking is fun or you can take the train to various attractions. Don't miss the penguins!

1  Thank lybarger2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

As a Missouri native, I didn’t realize how nice our zoo was until I visited zoos in other areas. This zoo is amazing. And it’s FREE. My family goes a least a few times per season. The special events are excellent as well( Boo at the zoo, wild lights, etc)
Definitely a must do for STL visitors

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2018

I hadn't been to the zoo in almost 20 years and boy has it changed. I loved it. The Rivers Edge is my favorite part of the zoo. When you can actually see how huge some of these animals are it's just amazing. The rhino was either too hot or stressed out because he kept pacing back and forth. The hippos are huge and they lay on each other in the water. I like that you can see thru this glass and watch what's going on below the water. The Primate House was closed and some of the primates were outside but it was so hot they were hiding in the shady parts and you could barely see them so that was a disappointment. Reptile House was interesting. There's a huge anaconda there that I'm glad is behind that thick glass. When you go make sure it's not a ninety plus degree day. The animals hide and you won't see half of them. The train ride is fun and an easy way to get around the zoo. The zoo has free admission but food, drinks, train ride, and other activities you have to pay. Parking in the lot is $15 dollars on the lot (cash only) are you can try and find a spot on the street. Go very early if you want to park on the street. I thought I would be there a couple hours but when I looked around I had been there over 5 hours. There's a lot to see and a lot to do so go for it. The zoo is not just for kids. I loved it and you will too. See you in the fall St Louis Zoo.

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

This was our first time going and we absolutely loved it! Our 5yr old son had a blast. So much to do. We spent 5 hours there and still didn't do everything. Pay for parking but zoo itself is free. You pay to do extra stuff so you are better off buying the adventure pass so you can do everything and not pay extra. The main things that add up are the drinks so you are better off buying a souvenir cup and getting cheap refills. We will totally be back!

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

If you ever want to do a short family vacation and don’t want to spend a lot, the St.Louis Zoo is amazing. Our 17 year old LOVED it, and entrance is FREE. However, be advised parking is $15. They have a huge amount of animals and lots of hands on exhibits. The park is payed out in such a manner that you start walking at the entrance and following all the areas you walk right back to the entrance, sort of a circular lay out. They do have some extra stuff that costs, the carousel, sea lion show, petting zoo, train, touching the sting rays, etc, which is priced separately or there is an ADVENTURE PASS for $12.95 that includes all the extra stuff. It’s a great place for kids of all ages!