“Great zoo”

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #5 of 277 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The St. Louis zoo is free! But parking is not! Ha ha they have to make their money back somehow! This has to be the cleanest and nicest zoo I have ever been to! Very nicely laid out, and the animals don’t look like they are in really tight quarters like some zoos. A short trip from downtown St. Louis we got there in under 30 mins.

All reviews
in 1,848 reviews
"habitat"
in 368 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This Zoo is so beautiful and FREE! The surrounding Forest Park area is perfect for picnics if you are trying to hold down costs or you can take advantage of the many food vendors. Walking is fun or you can take the train to various attractions. Don't miss the penguins!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As a Missouri native, I didn’t realize how nice our zoo was until I visited zoos in other areas. This zoo is amazing. And it’s FREE. My family goes a least a few times per season. The special events are excellent as well( Boo at the zoo, wild lights, etc)
Definitely a must do for STL visitors

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I hadn't been to the zoo in almost 20 years and boy has it changed. I loved it. The Rivers Edge is my favorite part of the zoo. When you can actually see how huge some of these animals are it's just amazing. The rhino was either too hot or stressed out because he kept pacing back and forth. The hippos are huge and they lay on each other in the water. I like that you can see thru this glass and watch what's going on below the water. The Primate House was closed and some of the primates were outside but it was so hot they were hiding in the shady parts and you could barely see them so that was a disappointment. Reptile House was interesting. There's a huge anaconda there that I'm glad is behind that thick glass. When you go make sure it's not a ninety plus degree day. The animals hide and you won't see half of them. The train ride is fun and an easy way to get around the zoo. The zoo has free admission but food, drinks, train ride, and other activities you have to pay. Parking in the lot is $15 dollars on the lot (cash only) are you can try and find a spot on the street. Go very early if you want to park on the street. I thought I would be there a couple hours but when I looked around I had been there over 5 hours. There's a lot to see and a lot to do so go for it. The zoo is not just for kids. I loved it and you will too. See you in the fall St Louis Zoo.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was our first time going and we absolutely loved it! Our 5yr old son had a blast. So much to do. We spent 5 hours there and still didn't do everything. Pay for parking but zoo itself is free. You pay to do extra stuff so you are better off buying the adventure pass so you can do everything and not pay extra. The main things that add up are the drinks so you are better off buying a souvenir cup and getting cheap refills. We will totally be back!