“ZOO” 5 of 5 bubbles

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #1 of 253 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
East Peoria, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“ZOO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The St Louis Zoo is a must do when visiting the area. It is beautiful! We really liked to butterfly dome. Wear comfy shoes, you do a lot of walking!

Visited August 2013

• Thai first
Belleville, Illinois
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Thankful to have such an awesome zoo in our area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I live in the stl area and go to the zoo at least a couple of times a year. Not only is there free admission, but this is one of thecnis you could ever go to.

Visited June 2014
Commack, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Free entry for all. It is a large and well kept zoo. it is very easy to spend a full day there with or without the kids.

Visited May 2014
Woodstock, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Can't believe its free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I live in Atlanta but we visited my brother last year and I took the wife and kids to the zoo and had an amazing time! The best part it was free! I couldn't believe it! So many animals to see and they were all very visible! Something for every animal lover! Mostly enjoyed the penguins! Food was good and reasonable! Definitely a must see!

Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

My 14 month daughter and I really enjoyed our day at the zoo! We only paid $15 for our entire visit which was just for parking. From what others have said, the food/drink is pricy so bring your own. I would of loved to try the train but my daughter fell asleep in her stroller, which wasn't allowed on the train. The zoo itself was a good size, lots to see, great historic buildings, beautiful green space in between. I would say only 50% of the animal exhibits actually had their respective animals in them but we saw some good ones (elephants, lions, kangaroos, turtles). Go early and on a weekday because it gets crowded fast!

Visited June 2014