“A MUST for families and Zoo goers "Incredible"!”
Review of St. Louis Zoo

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #5 of 275 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
Reviewed January 30, 2014

The St. Louis Zoo is simply incredible. That is my best word for it. Oh and P.S.... it is free. You can pay for parking in one of the 2 main lots or there is a bunch of free parking too. I chose to pay for parking and it was like 6 or 7 bucks. Admission is free and you get a lot for free. There is also some paid options, which we did. Honestly, the paid stuff was neat, but there is so much to see just included for free that I would not have paid, if on a tight budget. There is a tram that runs all through the Zoo. We found it handy towards the end and that was something you had to pay for, I recall. All around.... bottom line.... this is a top caliber Zoo that is worth visiting.

1  Thank Andrew C
Write a ReviewReviews (7,355)
All reviews
in 362 reviews
"carousel"
in 404 reviews

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The STL zoo was simply fantastic! It was organized into a few main sections which made it easy to catch all of the different animals. I was sad that the penguins were not out (they will be gone until 2015 due to construction for the polar bear exhibit). I am a huge lover of zoos and this one just blew me away. Must see in St Louis!

1  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great zoo- very clean an well maintained. All of the big animals plus plenty of kid-focused animals. Great staff… and it is FREE!!!!!!!!

1  Thank willgero
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This zoo is charming, clean, with a good staff. When I was living in St. Louis as a child, I attended this zoo on a regular basis; however, now I live near Nashville. While the Nashville zoo is nice, it just doesn't stack up against the zoo in the Lou! St. Louis zoo is a big zoo that really requires multiple days to attend if you want to see everything. There isn't an admission cost to the main zoo; however, if you want to ride the train, see the children's zoo, or feed the sting rays, the zoo does charge a small fee for these activities. The food there at the zoo is ok and a bit overpriced, but not insanely so. Parking is free if you find a spot in the park to park; however, security isn't the greatest and the zoo is downtown, so park for free at your own risk. My mom's car was broken into a when we parked there a few years ago, so we pay to park in the zoo parking lot which is around $10. My kids always enjoy the trip, as do my wife and I. St. Louis is a nice city to visit with a lot of attractions that are either free or very affordable. Great visit!!

1  Thank Jacquie-David