“Terrific and free!”

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #1 of 253 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
Saint Louis, Missouri
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Terrific and free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Don't miss this fantastic zoo--you won't be disappointed. It can get VERY crowded on nice weather days, especially when school is out. Highlights are many and everyone has their own animal favorites, but our favorites are the Penguins, Sea Lions, and Sting Ray cove (only during warmer/mild seasons).

Visited June 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Best Zoo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We truly enjoyed our experience and had the best time, the park was clean and the staff were friendly and the animals were spectacular!!

New Richmond, Ohio
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Awesome Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent the day at the zoo with my children who are 7 and 11 and two adult friends. It is a great zoo considering it is free. Parking is a little steep at $15.00. We bought the safari bracelets ($10) and I don't think I would do this next time. We only spent $5.00 for each as we have a membership to our local zoo. The pass covers the Childrens zoo, the carousel the stingrays, 4-d movie, another movies (which is 15 min long and only shown 3 times a day) and the railroad. We rode the carousel 2x and went into the Childrens zoo. We missed both movies and the lines for the other attractions were really long. We tried to go to another show only to find out the bracelets did not include this. I would have been really upset had I paid full price for the bracelets. It is still a great zoo and I would definitly go again.

Mildura, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A great zoo and a great park.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Situated in one of the worlds great parks Forest Park and its free and easy to get to.
The Zoo is very nicely designed and easy to navigate with its many attractions and has eateries with afforadable prices .
The range of animals is as good as you will find in any country.
Dont drive there on the weekends as it is a tiresome experiance and I would suggest thet yo take the Metra from the city to Forest park and thene the multi stop park bus which will drop you off at the gate as well as many other attractions.

Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Absolutely Stunning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have never been to such a nice Zoo. This is the perfect place to go to for all occasions. Even if the Zoo wasn't free I'd still pay to go see the wide variety of animals they have along with the beautiful landscaping.

1 Thank Adam F