“Epic!”

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #1 of 258 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
California
“Epic!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We booked a behind the scenes zoo tour and I got to feed a sloth. My life is forever changed for the better. Elmo is my new bff. Samantha was a great guide and Meg who arranged the tour was so helpful. Zoo was good overall, winter is tricky because several exhibits are hibernating. Worth the effort to book a tour!!!

• Arabic first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Live and Active...”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was a really good day at the Zoo, all the animals were very playful well except the hippos...lol lazy things just wanted to sun bake! Although I can't blame them... it was nice to see all the animals happy and also to see them adding onto the zoo, they were building new areas and everything... Some thing to watch out for is the Penguins!!! Those silly things soaked me!!! Needless to say it was a great time!

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best zoo ever. And free!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have visited zoos around the world and this is one of my favorites. I recently moved to the area and live 15 minutes away. Since it's free, I go for short visits to see my favorites a couple times a month. The zoo has a detailed website where you can read about all its animals--the usual, plus some you don't often see (if ever). In spite of the free entrance, they sponsor impressive conservation projects locally in Missouri and around the world.

Lexington, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of the Best Zoos”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I still can't get over that this zoo is free! It has a great lay out and a great variety of animals! Food is a little overpriced, but since admission is free you won't hear me complaining!

Visited August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very cool”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Walked the whole zoo with my grown children. Very nice, of course the kiosks were closed as it is winter but still a nice afternoon activity