“My favorite zoo!”

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #1 of 267 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I love animals. SO much. This makes it kind of hard for me to enjoy zoos though, because I know these habitats are not the best. I wish STL would get rid of the Elephant habitat and send their elephants to a sanctuary. Out of all of the zoos I have visited across america though, this has been my favorite. I think they do a decent job with the animals, the park is clean, and even on very busy days you still have lots to do there! It is also very pretty!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went here on July 4th weekend. They had big cooling fans for us and the children to play in. We got here right when they opened and it was still cool so we saw some of the animals before they went to hide out of the heat of the day. They have alot of animals and the Zoo is clean. We paid to park, but there is some free parking on the street if you want to find it.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We enjoy the zoo every time we come. At this time of year, it’s easy to find free parking on the street. In the summer, we use the pay lot, but either way, the zoo admission is FREE. Not many places where you can see a whole-class zoo for free. The zoo is clean and well maintained and worth a visit.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Very nice zoo, spent 5 hours or so there and still didn't see everything. The zoo itself is free to get in but if you park in their parking lot it's a spendy but not bad considering you don't have to pay admission into the zoo. We had a good time & was filled with laughter. Lots of different animals to see & my son loved the bug building.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This was the first big zoo I ever visited. I think it is amazing to have do many species together. I highly recommend if you go to St. Louis, you have to visit the zoo.