“A Must See in St. Louis”
Review of St. Louis Zoo

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #1 of 263 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A Must See in St. Louis”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is our second time visiting St. Louis and second time visiting the zoo. The zoo offers something for all ages and makes for a great half-day or full-day activity.

The zoo is free and offers a wide variety of animal exhibits which can keep you busy for hours. The cost of the zoo is free, but nearby parking charges a fee. The zoo was very clean overall and all of the exhibits were in great shape - you can tell the staff cares about this zoo!

Also, the zoo offers shows - be sure to check the schedule events for the day so you do not miss anything!

• Arabic first
Saint Charles, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Family Day”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I took my son to the zoo me and some friends. We enjoyed it, he LOVED the monkeys the most though. We had a picnic in forest park afterward, it was a cool day overall.

Visited May 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Big space, more people than animals”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Nice to walk around but there aren't a lot of animals. I am glad it was free to get in, wished I had walked to the zoo so I wouldn't have to pay the parking to visit this zoo. It was ok, nothing to brag about. I've seen better, the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden was much better.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Zoo in the World”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Growing up in St Louis all I wanted to do was go to the famous San Diego Zoo. It took me 24 years and then....I find out I had been to the best zoo for hundreds of times. For FREE!! Plan on an all-day trip because you'll be stunned at how many gorgeous habitats the St Louis Zoo has to offer. Oh and make sure you point at the side ways granite sign and say "Noo". It'll make you cool.

Visited November 2011
Boulder, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Really great - and FREE”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had a great day trip to the zoo. Keep in mind it's best to park elsewhere in the park and walk to avoid the $20 parking fee. Go on an overcast day to get the best chance of seeing the animals. I typically avoid zoos because they make me sad to see the animals locked up, but it seemed like the animals had a much better environment than most zoos I have been to.