“Very Nice and Free”

St. Louis Zoo
Ranked #1 of 266 things to do in Saint Louis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this zoo that has 6,600 animals and 15 major exhibit areas.
Reviewed May 7, 2012

What a bargain - a beautiful zoo. Nice for young and old. Kudo's to the City of St Louis for this gem of a zoo

There are newer reviews for St. Louis Zoo

Reviewed May 6, 2012

I now see why they call this one of the best Zoo's in the nation. They have such a variety of animals, and they are not all closed off in tiny cramped spaces. Their living quarters are beautiful, big, and so nice for them Being animal advocate, I usually do not visit Zoo's, but they seem to treat their precious animals so well.
I loved it.

2  Thank Brod_11
Reviewed May 5, 2012

This is seriously one of the best zoos i have ever been to! and its totally free! I love the hippo exhibit..awesome!!! great variety of animals and a good time to be had by all

1  Thank BrockStar1977
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is one of the best zoos in the United States and it is free. There is a fee for the train, petting zoo and some of the shows, but the main part of the zoo is absolutely free. Be sure and visit Big Cat Country - really awesome.

1  Thank J-W
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We had a great time. It was a lot of walking. I wish I had worn my running shoes instead of my cute heels. There were lots of hills, but we were able to catch (between peoples legs) a quick view of the March of the Penguins.

1  Thank VAShannon