“Great Barbeque”
Review of Pappy's Smokehouse

Pappy's Smokehouse
Ranked #5 of 2,890 Restaurants in Saint Louis
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Grand Center / Midtown
York, Pennsylvania
“Great Barbeque”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the best barbeque I have ever had while on vacation. The subtle smokey flavor of the pork is exemplified by the tender juicy meat. No wonder people stand in line waiting to get into the restaurant 30min before opening time!

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Beaumont
“The BEST!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I read several reviews on the internet before going to St Louis and I could not wait to go. We went one afternoon after visiting the Arch and the line was not that long. We waited maybe 35 minutes. Let me just say..... The food is worth the wait. We got one of the large specials (which I cant remember what it was called) and all all split it (2 adults, 2 kids). It came with a frito pie, slab of ribs and about three different sandwiches plus sides. This was a great value and I think we left the restaurant for around $50. Thats a value for BBQ. All of the meat was super! The owner was even there and handed my 7 year old some sausage samples while we waited. We will surely go back the next time we are in town.

Quebradillas, Puerto Rico
“GOOD BBQ IN CARDINAL CITY”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I visited this BBQ place today because of its high rating on TripAdvisor. The overall experience was good. We had to wait more than an hour to get the BBQ but it was delicious. Service was perfectly calculated so that you had an open table immediately after you ordered the food. The Pulled pork was excellent but the ribs were a little dry. The sauces provided at the tables gave different flavors and moisture. Portions were large enough to share and the ambiance was fairly quiet even though the place was crowded. For sides they offer apple sauce, baked beans, green beans, potato salad, corn on the cob, sweet potatoes fries, and cole slaw which all complement the delicious BBQ cuisine. Take a trip to this local place on Olive St. in Cardinal City and you will certainly enjoy yourself.

Minnesota
“Great bbq, worth the wait!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch around 12:30 and it took almost an hour , but they have an impressive system for the line and it made the wait easy. Plus the food was fantastic. Shared the big ben combination.

memphis
“SO SO But Not Memphis BBQ”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We arrived around 6pm with a fairly short line but quickly filled up out the back door the length of the restaurant by the time i ordered. Pay first at the counter and then they bring out the order to your table. I ordered the half slab with the fried ear of corn and bake beans. There were 3 bbq sauces to choose from on the table. ( I preferred the sweet and hot mixed together) The ribs were meaty with a nice dry rub. The fried ear of corn was different but good. However the beans taste like they came straight from a can without any additive. I ask the cashier if the potato salad was commercial and she said it was not homemade. Quick service once you place your order. I was eating in less than 10 min.