“Go early”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Grand Center / Midtown
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went early like 530. The line was out the door when we left. The food was great! Brought to table quickly. Highly recommend the ribs and fried corn on the cob. My 17 year old said applesauce was tasty too. A must eat in St. Louis!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,344)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to this place while in town for a running event and came here afterwards. So we were naturally hungry. Oh My Gosh did this hit the spot. We ordered the buffet plate of sorts. 2 Sandwiches, Ribs, 4 sides and a 1/4 bird. It was more than enough (we had food left over for 2 meals!) and it was only $50. Everything was spectacular! While it was crowded and the wait was for over 45 min. it was worth it! So good!

Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We are not foodies by any means. We love to watch Food Network and saw this place on Man vs Food so we had to stop when in town.

We're from WI where our BBQ places are not local and frankly are mediocre chains. However, our kids thought tour local places were just fine so we had to bring them to Pappy's!

The line wasn't crazy and frankly, we expected it.

There are six of us. Four of us shared the two meat meal(turkey and chicken) while the other two got a large brisket meal and pulled pork sandwich.

This place is not quiet. But I think this was the most quiet meal during our whole vacation. The only words I heard were, "can I have more?"

The turkey was amazing. The chicken not so much. It was fatty and gristly. I just had to work harder to get to the good meat. My seat claimed his pork sandwich was the best he's ever had! The brisket was excellent as well.

The kids were begging to go back and want to know why we can't have one of these restaurants by us. Good question!!!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We waited in line for about an hour. I think this is part of their system, though. You have plenty of time to read the menu. The staff are friendly and chat with you inline. It also helps control the seating availability. Once you actually order, your food is ready within minutes. There are large portions and the food is fresh. It’s pretty good, but I would not say I would wait in that long line again just to eat there. Maybe I would order ahead or carry or out for a shorter wait.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Best BBQ hands down... actually the BBQ is exceeded by the fantastic staff! Loved you guys and gals - Thanks for a great experience. If you are a first timer, get there early (by 11:15) to enjoy the atmosphere... quite a line out the door by noon... going back again tomorrow.