“Huge outdoor theater in Forest Park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 253 things to do in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Huge outdoor theater in Forest Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

This wonderful theater holds about 11,000 people. It is most enjoyable to sit outside and watch a great musical show on a summer night in St Louis. Now how romantic is that!

Visited June 2012

Dubuque
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Spectacular Outdoor Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

What is better than a summer evening taking in a wonderful production? Being outside, of course! I love the charm of The Muny! As an out of state visitor, this experience is always high on my list every summer when I visit friends in the area. I was delighted the first time I was surprised with an evening at The Muny and can't get enough of it since.

Visited July 2011
Pennsylvania
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

The good: the Muny is a large theatre that fills up in the middle of the week - locals appear to love it. There are free seats in the back (if you're willing to get there early before they're gone), and there are gobs of $10 tickets too. The acoustics in the theatre are wonderful too - every word of the show was crisp even toward the back. And finally, the show was great - the actors were legitimate, the sets were good, etc. etc.

The bad: the theatre is very poor for vision. The seats are too shallow and too close, which meant that I (at 6' tall) couldn't see past the head of the lady (who was not especially tall) in front of me. People with big hair 2-3 rows in front of me were still blocking my vision to the front of the stage. We ended up moving to some empty seats in the very back, with a few rows of empty seats in front of us. I was quite unhappy about this, and doubt I'd want to go back even though everything else about the experience was very good.

Visited June 2012
Chesterfield, Missouri
139 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Everyone loves the Muny, but me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

I don't like being hot, or sitting in the rain. I'm a grump, though, many friends just LOVE having season tickets here...maybe I just have bad luck?? Hot, humid St Louis nights, so be warned...dress for the weather! Some of the musicals are great fun.

Visited July 2011
Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Okay theatre at an AMAZING price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

THe musicals are okay but the real treat is the fact that the whole experience can be had for absolutely nothing at all.

Visited May 2012