Open today: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Review Highlights
Everything You'd Want To Know About the Telephone

Amazing collection in a small space; enough to show every step in the history of... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
TBmichigan
Portage, Michigan, USA
Wonderful Tour. Our favorite side trip in St. Louis

Great collection showing the history of telephones from the beginning - well displayed with... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from $25.00
from $11.54
from $190.00
More Info
All reviews guided tour company employees yellow pages wealth of knowledge restored building military installation on display great collection history lesson great tour hands on activities two hours all ages volunteers docent technology telecommunications
Selected filters
Reviewed November 30, 2018

After sending a lot of time watching this museum be renovated and turned into a museum I finally got the chance to check it out. This museum is very well laid out and easy to navigate through. The tour guide was very knowledgeable in the entire exhibit. She was very nice and took the time to explain important items on exhibit. After the tour while we were looking around by ourselves she still took the time to talk to us about the barracks and the exhibit. This my is a must see for all people. Great job on the restoration of the building and on the fact that the entire staff is made of volunteers.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed November 21, 2018

We were in the St Louis area to visit my daughter and she told us there was a surprise museum she was taking us to. We had no idea how much of a treat we were in store for! This is a wonderful place! We opted to have the guided tour and our guide was so knowledgeable and answered our questions. There is just so much history here and we left with a wealth of information. An added bonus was I had previously worked for two different telephone companies in past years so this brought back a lot of memories for me. In fact, I think I impressed my daughter with the telephony knowledge I still had! There is just so much to see! In fact we stayed much longer than we had planned because we were enjoying our tour so much. We actually ran over the time they were due to close and our guide was nice enough to say we could stay until we had seen all the exhibits. Please, if you are passing through or in the area this is a very worthwhile stop for you. They offer a senior discount which was nice for my husband and I. It will bring back a lot of memories as you walk through and learn about the history of the telephone.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed September 28, 2018

what a little neat place to visit . Everyone there is so nice and helpfull. Its amazing how quick tech has changed thru the years. Hey wait dont I still have that one, no thats my parents phone,haaaa

2  Thank freddiemer
Reviewed September 21, 2018

While on a motor coach (bus) tour from the Chicago area to visit sights along Route 66 our tour company chose the Telephone Museum for a stop and we are glad they did. It was one of the most interesting stops on our trip. Their collection of telephones and related exhibits are wonderful. Each item is tagged with a complete description. The best asset of the museum is the docents. Both were former telephone company employees and have a vast knowledge and share it it a worthwhile presentation. Carol was our docent and she is not only knowledgeable but also has a great sense of humor.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Excellent restoration of the barracks and use of the space at Jefferson Barracks. Just one small part of the whole Jefferson Barracks park area experience and other museums. The guide and reception were terrific and very helpful!