“Perfection!”

Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Arkansas
“Perfection!”
Reviewed July 29, 2009

My husband, teenage son and I recently stayed at this fine hotel. I was so very happy with my choice. It was clean, the staff was very pleasant and helpful, and it was conveniently located. We felt safe and secure. It's easy to get to and we loved being so close to "the hill" with such fine Italian restaurants and the Italian bakery (YUMMM). We also loved the late afternoon free snacks and drinks served at the hotel. We timed our arrival just right and were able to relax with cold beer after the long drive there. The free HOT! breakfast was great. We only skipped out one morning as it was a little too crowded. The hotel was completely full during half of our stay and yet things continued to run very smoothly. We highly recommend this hotel and would be happy to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This was a great hotel. We stayed in a regular room one night and in a king suite the other two. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We dined at the hotel's restaurant, Bartolino's Osteria. The marinara sauce is really, really good. They have a social hour with drinks and snacks and the breakfast is also good. It is within six miles of the Gateway Arch and not far from the zoo. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
West Fork, Arkansas
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Restaurant next to hotel is ok, food average. Kids loved the pool area, which was clean and not too small. Rooms were clean, and spacious. We chose the 2 bed suite which gave my family of 4 room to spread out. The hotel is easy to get to from I-44, but along with that goes traffic noise at night. Also could have done without the barking dog next door. Breakfast was plentiful and made it easy to feed little ones early before we headed out for the day.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 11, 2009

Me, my sister and her 2 year old stayed here on a trip to the children's Hospital. We all three had a wonderful time. The room was lovely and clean. The staff was very friendly and welcoming and check in was a breeze. The thing that was my favorite about this hotel was that it has an underground parking garage. It's not big enough for everyone, but if you get there early enough you will probably get one. Which was great for us as we came in during a thunderstorm. It's location is good for local attractions. My Nephew enjoyed the pool and I enjoyed the Jacuzzi. We also loved the afternoon snacks. The only bad thing I encountered in this hotel was the mattress. It was like a rock. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2009

My wife, 8 yr old son and 5 yr old son stayed here to checkout the zoo at Forest Park and to go to a Cardinal game. We had initially thought about staying downtown but it seemed most, if not all, of the hotels down there charged for parking. We chose to stay near Forest Park instead, no charge for the parking at this Drury. This hotel is very easy to get to. Easy access to Forest Park even with the road construction going on (just take Kingshighway North to the Park). All of the Drury folks were very pleasant and seemed ready to help at any time....even if I was wearing a Cubs shirt : ) The evening bar seemed a little limited but a nice perk nonetheless. The breakfast was nice. Had a little bit more than your typical continental. The highlight for the kids was of course the pool. But this pool was unique. It's an indoor/outdoor pool. Start out indoor then swim under a 'partition' and you're outside. Overall a very nice place. Newer construction....near most anything you'd want to do in St. Louis. Near 'The Hill'.....and Chris's Pancakes...you have to go there at least once...even if the Drury serves breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 20, 2009

We stayed at the Drury Inn Forest Park (on Hampton Ave) in St. Louis and had a wonderful experience. We were there for 4 nights with our children. We opted for a 2-room suite to give us a little more room and glad we did. The staff was extremely welcoming and helpful, and when we needed something, they were quick to respond. All areas of the hotel were very clean, including the pool area, fitness room, even the underground parking garage (which is also a very nice feature and is free). The popcorn & soda in the afternoon is great for the kids, and the 3 free cocktails and snacks from 5:30-7:00 are awesome. Bartender was extremely professional as was all the staff. Breakfast was great - also kept very tidy and replenished often. Two computers in a small office setting both with their own computers were available to use. I can't say enough about this hotel, and we would highly recommend it, especially for a family. The breakfast buffet alone will save you money.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My daughter and I came to visit SLU and found the hotel to be quite perfect. The front desk staff was able to figure out all my particular challenges and suggested a room away from the elevator and ice machine. I was disappointed to find the MO still allowed smoking in public buildings. The floor I stayed on was smoking however my room was non-smoking. The smell permeated throughout the hallway and came through my room. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the morning breakfast especially helped since we were on a budget. Even the manager was very helpful. The only problem, not the hotel's fault, kids running through the hall at all hours of the night interrupted my sleep, but I guess that was to be expected considering we were there during a Wrestling Tournament, a Robotics competition and SLU scholarship interviews. Yes I would stay there again definately. Loved the heated indoor parking garage, very nice touch.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business