“Great stay”

Ranked #11 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Maryland
“Great stay”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights and management and staff could not have been nicer. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Manager James Vavak was working hard every minute we saw him and the staff took the time to answer all our questions. Breakfast was great and we also saw how hard the staff worked to keep everyone satisfied. Highly recommend for families with young kids as well as those sending kids off to college.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Ohio
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Being a family of five can make it challenging to find just one hotel room for all of us. That's why I love that Drury doesn't limit you to just two children staying in the room with parents. It was our first choice when we booked a trip to St. Louis recently.

The location of this hotel is great for easy access to everything in the Forest Park area (ie zoo) as well as ease of getting to/from downtown. As a bonus, it's walking distance from The Hill area which is steeped in Italian heritage and has lots of restaurants and markets (just keep in mind that they're almost all closed on Sundays. A mistake we made!)

The beds were comfortable, the hotel wasn't very noisy, there was an indoor/outdoor pool and hot tub that got crowded, but were still nice to use to wind-down after a day out and about. We weren't always able to take advantage of the happy hour/dinner, but it is a very nice option to do. I happily drank my three free margarita-flavored waters while munching on the free buffet food - which is substantial enough to be a meal and even included vegetables! The breakfast was very good as well - and you could get a Diet Coke for breakfast (which made my Diet Coke addicted husband very happy).

I only have two complaints about this hotel, but they aren't big. The first room we were assigned was right by the elevators and across from the ice machine. I asked for a different room and they had no problem with that, but we had to wait for a room to be made up - and it was 4pm, so this was surprising. The other complaint is that I was initially overcharged. I had booked via web and received a discounted rate, but that wasn't reflected on my bill. I took my phone down to reception and showed my confirmation (so glad I had it!) and the bill was adjusted. I had to wait in line and it took quite a while to get it straightened out, but there was no arguing needed and they were very polite and apologetic about it. So I would caution anyone reading this to save a copy of their confirmation and double-check their bill before leaving.

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely make it my first choice if I'm in St. Louis in the future.

2 Thank OhioMomof3
Saint Louis
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Took my grandchildren on vacation the breakfasts and dinner were a life saver when feeding five. The service was great. Only negative thing was the size of the pool for that lar.ge of a motel. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank Cathy C
Saint Louis
Reviewed August 9, 2014

The absolute best value for your money hotel we have ever stayed in! Great breakfast and dinner, indoor/outdoor pool was loved by our three boys, comfortable beds, clean, just cannot say enough good words about this hotel.

1 Thank machomantexas
Iowa
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Very considerate staff. Soft beds, but great pillows. The bathroom really needs a fan!!! It gets too hot and stuffy and makes it impossible to shower while other family members are asleep. Doors and loud and walls are thin. Breakfast was pretty good, but very crowded no matter what time we went. Elevators were very crowded and we often had to wait. Pool was ok, kids liked swimming from inside to outside, water looked a bit green and there was so much chlorine my lungs hurt just being in the room.

Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I was really impressed with the service. Its nice being able to get free popcorn and soft drinks for free. Also liked the evening meal which isn't fancy but tasted pretty decent. Very pleasant experience as we had never stayed at Drury Inn before and will probably in future now.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed August 6, 2014

As seniors my husband and I look for reasonable lodging and this Inn was very sensitive to our desire for a senior discount. The room was very comfortable and spacious. The evening meal was being served when we arrived and we took advantage of the wonderful free buffet. The hot buffet breakfast was just as wonderful. The staff was absolutely great, also! We will definitely try to stay at Drury Inns on any future trips. Even though there were many families with children staying that night, it was really quiet in our room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple