This was my 2nd stay at this location; we stayed for a week this time. We use to live in STL, so when we return, we like to have a good location. This one fits the bill as it's right next to 44 and close to Forest Park, downtown, and 270. Overall, I'd say it's my 2nd choice, though, as I really like the Drury in Valley Park.
WHY IT'S NOT A 5 STAR REVIEW: This Drury Inn is always busy/crowded and sometimes the lady at the front desk lacks expertise in customer service (even though she's been employed since 2010). The pool area is too small and a few times I think capacity was reached. Additionally, the pool towels are ridiculously small, though a perfect size for a 7 year old. Breakfast is always crowded, too, though they will open the convention area if it gets too bad. Only a couple mornings did I find some food items out of stock due to the volume of people eating. There will always be tons of people in the elevator or slamming doors in the wee hours of the night/morning. Obviously, it's a popular hotel; however, I found the 'crowds' to be annoying. Then, one morning the front desk lady seemed unable to multitask with multiple guests needing to check in or find a missing item etc. Worse though- she seemed unconcerned with the obvious distress/annoyance she was causing.
THE GOOD: The amenities of a Drury can't be beat, and that is why we always choose this brand when we travel to STL. I've stayed in 5 locations around the city and this one is my 2nd choice. The rooms are nice, the lobby is large, and breakfast/happy hour is plentiful. If you want to go to Forest Park or the Hill or Downtown, then this is a perfect choice. I also find the housekeeping crew to be very efficient, friendly, and hard working... more so than any other location I've been to.
We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park is one mile from Forest Park. The Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Zoo, and The Muny theater are located inside Forest Park. The hotel's central location between South St. Louis neighborhoods is close to world famous Italian restaurants on The Hill, urban nightlife in The Grove and the Missouri Botanical Gardens in Shaw. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park Hotel Saint Louis
- Drury Inn And Suites Forest Park
- Drury Inn Forest Park
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Drury