Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Cheshire(Saint Louis)
View Hotel
The Parkway Hotel(Saint Louis)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsforest parkthe indoor outdoor poolhot dogsfree drinksbotanical gardenshappy hournachosscience centerunderground parkingevening foodalcoholic beveragesbaked potatoevening kickbackoatmealbarnes jewish hospitalconvenient locationbeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Pros: Close to St. Louis Children's, Barnes Jewish and interstate. Very friendly staff. Clean and elegant atmosphere. Good food, nice rooms.

Cons: Pool wasn't necessarily heated...it was pretty cold. The jets on the jacuzzi did not work. No phone book in the room. Would be nice to know nearby eateries/attractions with phone numbers & who is known to deliver to the hotel. For smokers, there's really no place to sit. The bench outside beside the side door is right next to the pool and stays wet, out front there are no benches for smokers.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one evening. In town for a concert. It was awesome! Very clean and staff was friendly. Free breakfast and food in the evening was a nice perk too! Bed was comfy and room was great. Pool and hot tub area great too! 2 staff members this morning were singing while cleaning a room, that was nice to hear. Can't say enough good things about this place!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank indianasunshine261
Reviewed April 8, 2014

First time staying at a Drury Inn. Not in the most scenic part of St. Louis, but it is super close to zoo, and museums and Brewery as well as River City Casino. The hotel is large and clean. The rooms are spacious. Loved the complementary breakfast, lots of choices. We missed the kick-back buffet two of our three days, but did have at least one evening to take advantage of it. It can almost serve as a complete meal, especially for the kids. Nice restaurant on site as well. If your looking for a hotel with a spectacular view, save your money but for everything else, its worth the price.

Room Tip: Kick-back drinks shut off promptly at 7pm. if your late, you're out of luck.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

The hotel is beautiful. The staff was amazing and friendly. The breakfast and dinner buffet were great! We booked a suite, which was very roomy and came in handy when the kids wanted to sleep in and me and my husband was to get up early. Very close to the Zoo. I look forward to returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have two sons that are students at Washington University and I visit St. Louis pretty regularly. I have been staying at a competitors hotel chain for the last two years on visits to the area and have been pretty happy for the most part with my stays there. I thought I would try the Drury Inn near Forest Park because I had heard so many good things about the hotel chain and I thought that I might want to try something different.
First, the positive side of our stay. The hotel has a fence around the entire property which gives you a sense of security when you leave your car in the lot. The staff was very friendly from the first person we talked to at the desk to the "Welcome to our hotel" we got from a maintenance man who we rode up on an elevator with. The food I've heard so much about was pretty good with the evening meal being fair and "a really good day at school lunch" comment from son. Dinner consisted of warmed up chicken fingers, mac and cheese, nachos and cheese and hotdogs. The breakfast was excellent and the service by the "cook" was excellent as he talked to the patrons when he would come out of the kitchen to refill the suppplies. Breakfast for me consisted of eggs, sausage, gravy and biscuits and was one of the reasons I found the place in a lot more favorable light. The entire hotel seemed pretty clean and was polished up in the lobby areas as well. The room air was pretty quiet and didn't bother us during our stay, but, we kept the fan on all the time to keep the air in the room from getting stagnant. That worked out pretty well.
Now for the negative side of the hotel in our eyes. (my wife and I) We checked in early and several of the guests that were there going in and out had dogs. It wasn't the well behaved assistance dogs either. A couple came out while we were going in to check in and were being dragged along by two hounds that had no business being in hotel. The people were wearing pajama tops and bottoms like they were regular clothes and house slippers and the whole lot smelled like they had B.O. aplenty. I'm not snooty, and I like dogs, but this scene was one that I would call "really something". We saw a few more people with animals, some big and some small, and about half were pretty well behaved. My wife and I walked out of our door to our room and down the hall to leave the second day of the stay. We were talking when there was a loud bang on a door right next to us and a very large sounding dog barking within two feet of us behind the door. Scared the h-e double hockey sticks out of us both!! Sooo.....too many unbehaved dogs to suit myself made the place somewhat tarnished in my eyes. Leave your blamed BIG unbehaved dogs at home. Mine stayed home, yours should too. When we checked into our room, we always look at the beds and between the matresses for vermin. We don't want to bring anything home with us that didn't come with us on our trip. The vermin check came up clean....the mattress did not. On one mattress was a nice pee stain and the other had what looked to be a big brown skid mark. (human or dog? I don't know) This unnerved me a bit and I thought about changing rooms, but, I took some towels and put over the stains after spraying Lysol on them, pulled the mattress cover back down and refitted the sheet and bit the bullet. The mattresses, besides having been colored a bit, were also worn some and my wife had a tough time trying to sleep. Now as I said earlier, the place seemed secure with the black steel fence around it. When we went to the Circle K located directly in front of the hotel, I saw why a fence was probably needed. There were some real winners walked into the gas station while I filled up. Bad enough, that I kept my eye on them as they went in and when they came out so as not to get a suprise walkup by someone. That was in the five minutes it took me to put ninety dollars worth of gas into my tank. One guy who went in had to hold onto his pants to keep them from falling to his ankles. He came out arguing with the girl that worked there and both were pretty loud. Sounded like it was a domestic thing. He left and she went back in and I paid at the pump and left the place myself. When we checked out the pool in the hotel, which we didn't swim in, the chlorine smell woud knock you down. Pretty stout, but the kids we saw in there didn't seem fazed.
Overall, I'd give the place a "B" grade on the scale. Good staff, good food, pretty clean, felt secure enough and the stay was Ok. Needs new matresses or at least some of those really good matress covers that zip up and keep liquids and vermin out. Queen sized matresses would be better than the doubles. Needs a better policy on dogs or at least a special section for them anyhow in the motel. Pool area needs better ventilation for those days when the chlorine is strong.
I'd probably stay here again, but, I don't think that it will be my top choice for the area. Drury Inn Forest Park only one upped the competition on the breakfast food they served, the pool size and the air unit noise in the room. They were break even on the staff courtesy, parking and overall cleanliness. They were behind on the bed size (Queen versus Full in non-king bed rooms) and cleanliness in the room, bed comfortability, animal policy and location to Forest Park versus the competition that we normally stay with on Oakland Avenue.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family