“Easy to recommend”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We just spent one night recently and everything was terrific. Our room was spotless and comfortable. We had quite a lot of space, a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We missed the dinner but breakfast was much more than expected, hot sausage, eggs, hash-browns etc. not the usual choice of 2 or 3 items.
This is a great location to visit Forest Park because it was easy to find and is basically across the street. There seemed to be several patients from Barnes hospital also. I would suggest making reservations early because it was a busy place!
The staff were incredible. The young men and young lady were running all over that night, but doing it with smiles and were friendly at the desk as we were checking in and asking questions about where to find dinner. Thank you to Jessie and Jake. We will go back.

Room Tip: We splurged for a king plus. It is a larger room with a separate sitting room and tv with the refrig...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paintsmudge
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed those extra amenities that Drury hotels provide. I am blessed with such a great staff and have passed along your kind comments to Jake and Jessie. They are excited that you remembered them!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Where to start, this place was great! Extremely clean, all workers were very attentive & friendly! Indoor/outdoor pool was a big hit with the kids. Happy hour each night was great! We never had to go out to dinner because they basically serve a full kid friendly meal during this time. You also get free soda & popcorn until 10 pm each day! Awesome place for the price. Right down the road from the zoo!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary Kick Back and our other amenities. Our close proximity to the St. Louis Zoo and other attractions makes us a popular destination for families; glad you enjoyed it.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My husband & I stayed at the Drury Inn Forest Park location in St. Louis for two night during a medical visit at Barnes Jewish Hospital. The staff was very accommodating and helpful in helping us location places to eat and get around the city. The hotel is very convenient to the hospital. Within minutes with easy access to interstate. It was a very clean hotel. The breakfast was plentiful and a nice variety. Would have like topping, such as strawberries or blueberries for waffles. We definitely will consider staying here upon return visits.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to Barnes Hospital for your medical visit. And I am happy you found our staff helpful in helping you with directions and recommendations to help you get around St. Louis during your visit.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Came for a visit to SLU. Room was clean. Spaciuos bathroom. Everything we could need... Enjoyed the coffee and soft drinks that are available round the clock. Wish there were better choices for fresh fruit but the breakfast seemed otherwise adequate. Bed was comfortable for us. Location was close for the university but didn't seem to have much else in area. Flew in and did not have car so cannot comment on parking but seemed plenty.

Room Tip: Stayed on fifth floor, very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear we had everything you needed at the hotel and that our location near the university was convenient for you. We are located in the heart of many St. Louis attractions... the St. Louis Zoo, Science Center, History Museum, St. Louis Art Museum and historic Forest Park... all within a couple miles of our hotel. We are also located adjacent to The Hill neighborhood which boasts St. Louis’ best Italian restaurants.

I look forward to your next visit with us and hope you are able to enjoy some of St. Louis’ finest attractions and restaurants.

Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Staff at Drury are so super friendly. Not one employee was rude in facial expression nor words! The pool was nice. Lots of people. But what can one expect?! They provide 5 lushly plump soft pillows. It was marvelous! The breakfast is a breakfast for champions with waffles, biscuits, gravy, sausage, egg and cheese and ham to put on your eggs. They didn't even leave minor detail out! You can park in a garage or outside. Will be back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad you were able to enjoy many of our complimentary amenities (including our pillows!), and that you found our staff to be friendly. I am fortunate to have a great staff who make it a priority every day to provide outstanding customer service.

We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

My family stayed here during a quick trip to St. Louis for a Children's Hosptial appointment for our daughter. We had some special requests, primarily a late check out -- for our dog, due to the late time of our hospital appointment. The GM was extremely friendly, responsive and accomodating to our request. Without a doubt, and as we visit St. Louis frequently throughout the year, we will be sure to stay at this Drury Inn location. A personal thank you to the GM for making our trip easier!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I am glad we were able to accommodate your requests during your visit, and help make your hospital visit as stress free as possible. As a staff, we try to accommodate all our guests' requests, to make every stay comfortable and enjoyable.

I look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here while I was working a night shift downtown and my roommate needed the apartment for the weekend. I was kind of displaced from my home. So, I slept during the day and worked overnight. Not a typical traveler's stay.

Check in went well. Very friendly front desk. They let me check in SUPER early, after getting off work at 7 in the morning. I got some free hot breakfast, then went upstairs to sleep the day away.

The room is good. Nice size. What I love, love, love was the bathroom. BIG bathroom for a hotel. Tons of counter space. Really great water pressure. The room was super clean as well. 5 out of 5 on cleanliness.

I was only woken up once, when housekeeping was knocking on the door next to mine. It sounded like she was knocking on my door. I felt bad, because I opened the door all groggy, like, "were you knocking?" She looked very sorry for waking me up (probably because I looked a hot mess). Not a big deal, she just has a very powerful knock.

I then went down to get my free hot food and beer, which I took up to my room. They gave me a tray to carry everything. Again, great customer service.

Then I just stayed in my room and watched the ID channel for a couple hours. They have so many TV channels, I love it.

Like many reviews said, the location is not spectacular, but if you were traveling to STL with kids and wanted to be close to the zoo, art museum, history museum, botanical gardens, this is the best location for you. I disagree with people saying this is a sketchy area. Being from STL, I know it is not that sketchy. I just wish there was a Walgreens or something nearby! I had to search a bunch of gas stations to find a hair brush, the one thing I forgot!

I did not like the bed. This drury still has the super firm beds, while other drury's have the nice soft beds. Firm is not my favorite.

I recommend this hotel for anyone visiting to see forest park area, especially families. Also, James the General manager is SUPER nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo