I stayed here while I was working a night shift downtown and my roommate needed the apartment for the weekend. I was kind of displaced from my home. So, I slept during the day and worked overnight. Not a typical traveler's stay.
Check in went well. Very friendly front desk. They let me check in SUPER early, after getting off work at 7 in the morning. I got some free hot breakfast, then went upstairs to sleep the day away.
The room is good. Nice size. What I love, love, love was the bathroom. BIG bathroom for a hotel. Tons of counter space. Really great water pressure. The room was super clean as well. 5 out of 5 on cleanliness.
I was only woken up once, when housekeeping was knocking on the door next to mine. It sounded like she was knocking on my door. I felt bad, because I opened the door all groggy, like, "were you knocking?" She looked very sorry for waking me up (probably because I looked a hot mess). Not a big deal, she just has a very powerful knock.
I then went down to get my free hot food and beer, which I took up to my room. They gave me a tray to carry everything. Again, great customer service.
Then I just stayed in my room and watched the ID channel for a couple hours. They have so many TV channels, I love it.
Like many reviews said, the location is not spectacular, but if you were traveling to STL with kids and wanted to be close to the zoo, art museum, history museum, botanical gardens, this is the best location for you. I disagree with people saying this is a sketchy area. Being from STL, I know it is not that sketchy. I just wish there was a Walgreens or something nearby! I had to search a bunch of gas stations to find a hair brush, the one thing I forgot!
I did not like the bed. This drury still has the super firm beds, while other drury's have the nice soft beds. Firm is not my favorite.
I recommend this hotel for anyone visiting to see forest park area, especially families. Also, James the General manager is SUPER nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park is one mile from Forest Park. The Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Zoo, and The Muny theater are located inside Forest Park. The hotel's central location between South St. Louis neighborhoods is close to world famous Italian restaurants on The Hill, urban nightlife in The Grove and the Missouri Botanical Gardens in Shaw. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park Hotel Saint Louis
- Drury Inn And Suites Forest Park
- Drury Inn Forest Park
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Drury