New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed here while I was working a night shift downtown and my roommate needed the apartment for the weekend. I was kind of displaced from my home. So, I slept during the day and worked overnight. Not a typical traveler's stay.

Check in went well. Very friendly front desk. They let me check in SUPER early, after getting off work at 7 in the morning. I got some free hot breakfast, then went upstairs to sleep the day away.

The room is good. Nice size. What I love, love, love was the bathroom. BIG bathroom for a hotel. Tons of counter space. Really great water pressure. The room was super clean as well. 5 out of 5 on cleanliness.

I was only woken up once, when housekeeping was knocking on the door next to mine. It sounded like she was knocking on my door. I felt bad, because I opened the door all groggy, like, "were you knocking?" She looked very sorry for waking me up (probably because I looked a hot mess). Not a big deal, she just has a very powerful knock.

I then went down to get my free hot food and beer, which I took up to my room. They gave me a tray to carry everything. Again, great customer service.

Then I just stayed in my room and watched the ID channel for a couple hours. They have so many TV channels, I love it.

Like many reviews said, the location is not spectacular, but if you were traveling to STL with kids and wanted to be close to the zoo, art museum, history museum, botanical gardens, this is the best location for you. I disagree with people saying this is a sketchy area. Being from STL, I know it is not that sketchy. I just wish there was a Walgreens or something nearby! I had to search a bunch of gas stations to find a hair brush, the one thing I forgot!

I did not like the bed. This drury still has the super firm beds, while other drury's have the nice soft beds. Firm is not my favorite.

I recommend this hotel for anyone visiting to see forest park area, especially families. Also, James the General manager is SUPER nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I stayed here because I was visiting friends nearby. So it was a convenient rather than a scenic location. I also had to catch an early flight and being right by the interstate, travel time was only 20 minutes. My stay was only one night which made it a perfect venue. Staff was helpful. Rooms were large and clean. Extras were a decent breakfast buffet that was served early (6 AM) plus free phone calls countrywide. (There are also drinks and nibbles at 5:30 PM but I wasn't around for them. This is not meant to be a luxury hotel but it does deliver exactly what it promises at a reasonable price. It is also conveniently placed to the museums and universities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank cfreedma
Greentown, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful. The place seemed very clean. The parking was very convenient. The dinner and breakfast were typical of a included/free meal in a hotel. The 3 drinks included were nice. The location was within 10 minutes of the arch. So was convenient for our visit. It was nice to stay someplace where they didn't assume our cat was a criminal. No additional fee or deposit.

Stayed December 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were highly impressed with this Drury Inn. It was our first stay, and the quality was awesome. All of the amenities you get with your room rate is pretty fantastic. The room and bathroom was large and clean. The indoor/outdoor pool was great for our 8 year old to blow off steam after being stuck in the car. The laundry area was a plus for us, and right by the pool area so we had something to do while waiting for our laundry. Free dinner with free alcoholic beverages is nearly unheard of with such a great rate, not to mention free hot breakfast. The hotel was conveniently located off the highway with easy access and the staff were friendly and helpful.

3 Thank Amy W
Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Large room, great WiFi signal, comfy bed, good water pressure. Pleasant staff, and the happy hour & breakfast were both wonderful bonuses. Very conveniently located to i-44. I will definitely stay again next time I'm in town for work.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Wallingford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel for one night because our usual hotel wasn't available. I trust the reviews on trip advisor, but was a bit hesitant when we drove up as the hotel was right next to the freeway. I was wrong. This is a great value!

Check-in was pleasant and quick. We were given tickets for the evening food and drink, which included a hot and cold buffet and cold drinks (including wine and hard liquor). All good. Our room was immaculate and the bed incredibly comfortable. It appeared that everything had been recently renovated. Best of all, our room was located on the interior corridor facing the atrium. (Deluxe King). Totally quiet.

Breakfast in the morning included a hot and cold buffet which was really good. Plenty of choices.

My two minor complaints: plastic cups instead of glass and dispensers in the shower instead of good individual products. Small complaints for what is a generally great value. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

2 Thank patibug
Woodridge, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Hotel was very clean, beds were comfortable and the help was friendly and accommodating. The best thing is they give you a voucher for three free alcoholic beverages per person and a great hot buffet bar that has everything from nachos and hotdogs to mostaccioli and meatballs. Also their breakfast buffet is extensive and wonderful as well. Nice pool for the kids. Will stay there again!