I visited the Forest Park Drury on September 23 while in town on business. I checked in after conducting business for the day and my check-in was exceptionally fast. I had a coworker visiting with me for the evening, and they provided us each with drink tickets. After dropping my luggage off in my room, we went downstairs to enjoy our complimentary drinks and the evening dinner spread. I have only stayed at one other Drury, the location by the Arch, and this one was great. The Arch location was extremely busy and hectic when we visited as it was packed with families and we could not even find a place to sit to enjoy our food and drinks. This location was busy, but calm compared to my last visit. My friend and I helped ourselves to a couple of items from the buffet, and then got a couple of beverages. The buffet area was kept exceptionally clean and stocked during the Kickback hours. The gentleman preparing drinks was very friendly. While getting one round of our drinks, my companion asked why there was no ice cream, as apparently there is ice cream at the maiden Drury. The bartender apologized for there not being any, and he had the kitchen manager come and speak with us. Chef Ron came and spoke with us, and he asked if we would like some fresh baked cookies instead. How nice was that!!! He said to give him about 10 minutes and he would have some cookies out for us. In about 10 minutes, Chef Ron came back with a half dozen freshly baked cookies for us. Now that is service. We finished up our drinks, food and a couple of our cookies, and Chef Ron brought us a plate that was covered with some additional cookies. My friend left for the evening, and I decided to check out my first Cardinals game.
Once back from the Cardinals game, which was only about a 10-15 drive from the hotel, I came back to finish up some work. Instead of sitting at the desk in the room, I decided to do my work from the lounge chair that was in the room. Very nice and comfortable. Then it was time to call it a night. The bed was pretty comfortable, far more comfortable than the last Drury bed that I slept in which was one of the most uncomfortable beds that I have ever slept in. I had tons of pillows on the bed, which was wonderful. After my good nights rest, I got ready for the day, and went downstairs for the kickstart breakfast. I did not eat much, as there were a lot of sweeter items, and I am not very fond of sweets to start my day. There were options such as sausage, fruit, cereal, waffles, toast, yogurt, etc. I would have love to have seen some hashbrowns and bisquits and gravy as an option. After finishing my breakfast, I was able to go ahead and head on out, as I did not have to check out.
Overall, this was an excellent stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park is one mile from Forest Park. The Saint Louis Art Museum, Saint Louis Zoo, and The Muny theater are located inside Forest Park. The hotel's central location between South St. Louis neighborhoods is close to world famous Italian restaurants on The Hill, urban nightlife in The Grove and the Missouri Botanical Gardens in Shaw. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Forest Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Forest Park
- Drury Inn & Suites Forest Park Hotel Saint Louis
- Drury Inn Forest Park
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Drury