“Very Good”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Tennessee
“Very Good”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have traveled all over the country for 30 year and have been in motels from 1 to 5. On our way to Cody, WY for our daughters wedding, and after 11 1/2 hours on the road from Tennessee, checked in with no issues into a very nice, clean, quiet, comfortable room. Breakfast was good. Checkout easy... on our way the next morning early... Would have rated it 4.5 except my spouse noticed there was very little landscaping, with made the outside a little dingy. Will definitely stay again if opportunity presents itself. Could not turn ac/heat fan on continuous, which always irritates me because of the on/off of the ac all nite long.. so I carry a sleep noise maker with me.

Room Tip: I always like upper floors so no one walks on the ceiling of my room. Here, heard no noise from hal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Nothing overly special about the hotel in my mind. My husband and I are driving up to Iowa and decided to call it and early night. We found room here. The tub was broken, the pillows were small but it was a good place to relax before a full day of driving tomorrow. Brooke, the woman who checked us in, was a rare breed of person who loves their job, she was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We were very happy to learn that the whole hotel was smoke free. The room was spacious with a couch and large desk. The bed was very comfortable. The ambient noise was a little more than desirable, but hey it's just one night right? This room would probably be great for families. The breakfast in the morning was very filling, classic hotel favorites of waffles, eggs, cereal and assorted breads. Overall an average place to rest your head at the end of a day of travel.

• Stayed September 2013
Jackson
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here after traveling from Ohio to Colorado and back. Comparing this hotel to other Comfort Suites we stayed and other hotels, I would give this one five stars! It was very clean...had a nice pool and hot tub area. There were a lot of towels in the bathroom area, we didn't have to ask for more! The sink area was separate from the shower/commode area. We had a king bed, so the living area felt bigger. We were really impressed after staying several nights in other hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our room was comfortable. The hotel was convenient to the Interstate. The rate was competitive. The staff was friendly. And the breakfast amply met our expectations.

An odd moment came, however, on Sunday morning, upon entering the breakfast area adjacent to the lobby. We were confronted by the uncomfortably loud sound from the widescreen TV—a situation frequently duplicated in similar “breakfast rooms” around the U.S.. Interestingly, when my companion found the remote control and turned the sound totally off, none of the other breakfasters seemed to mind. Indeed, shortly thereafter, real conversations began to pop up all around the room.

I’m amazed that the proprietors here and elsewhere routinely presume that patrons are desirous of being assaulted in such a way, first thing in the morning. Especially by the likes of the amateur news presentation on Fox. Please don’t mess so grossly with an otherwise satisfying hotel experience. Playing the TV in the breakfast room should be a default position (perhaps when there is REAL need for it), not the norm.

Room Tip: If you get the chance, turn off (or have the management turn off) the TV in the breakfast room. Trav...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Purvis
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 successive weekend nights in August, 2013. The front desk clerks were excellent help. (My group used 7 rooms each time with late check-in each time.) The breakfast was very satisfactory also. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Jose
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I use to live in St Joseph, Missouri. When my family and I come back for a visit, we always stay at the Comfort Inn. They have been the best to us. The last time I was there was for my mother's funeral. The staff were so supportive and helped us with our needs. The Inn is quiet and comfortable. It is also near a Cracker Barrel. We don't have a Cracker Barrel in California so we go there a lot while in St. Joseph.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed August 3, 2013

room was nice but they woke us up after we check in 6hrs prior and said our card didnt work we had to dress and go back down just for them to scan the card again of course no problem, but the factor of them saying it was declined!! they sometimes theres a glitch ya right not a good thing to do to a customer, then no sleep rest of the night very upset wont go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family