“Great Service, Great Place to Stay”

Quality Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed here for two months because of business and it was very pleasant experience. All the staff was nice, polite, helpful and friendly. The house keeping was awesome. They kept my room very clean every day, provided extra towels, was very considerate and would not hesitate to provide additional service if required to. The staff was knowledgeable about the area and provided to suggestions for places to eat or to visit. They also offered free discounts for places to eat. It was a very good experience. Thank you for your great service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed here for the weekend while attending a memorial service. I am honestly never going to stay at this location ever again. Not only was there a grasshopper in my room, dirt on the mirror, and the shower curtain but my best friend woke up this morning to a "ROACH" crawling on her pillow in her room!!! Which completely, completely, freaked her out!!!

She then went down to the front desk to complain and the clerk proceeded to say she was going to send up maintenance to the room which they NEVER SHOWED!!! She did offer to credit back some of their money but wasn't able to do so....

Shame on you Comfort Inn & Suites, I have never been so disappointed!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank ToyP
Reviewed September 19, 2011

If I could rate this hotel a ZERO I would!

1. My room had chunks of dried mud all over the place. I had to call the front desk and have someone come in and clean it up!

2. I washed the makeup off my face and left the towel with the other used towels on the floor for housekeeping to remove during their daily cleaning. When I returned to the room at the end of the day my dirty towel was hanging back on the towel rack! It still had my makeup all over it.

3. After the second day of sleeping there I noticed a bunch of red marks on my legs. Bedbugs? OMG. This place is so gross. Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Stay next door. Avoid this Comfort Inn at all costs!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is not bad. It was clean, but it seemed as though housekeeping was not as meticulous as in other Comfort Suites I have stayed in. For instance, the tissue box was shoved in the holder, and the beds were not made tight - rather they had some waves in the covers. (They did smell new, though, so they were not from previous guests.) Certainly this isn't a huge deal, but it is what keeps a hotel from getting a "very good" or "excellent" rating. It is, thus, just average. Furthermore, the lighting was fairly dim, and the air conditioner was not as great as it could have been. It was a bit humid in the room. For a Comfort Suites, I was expecting a bit more (based on previous experiences at various Choice Hotels). However, as I said, there is nothing "wrong" with this hotel. It could just be a bit better. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We found cereal on the floor from a previous occupant and the bedding for the sofabed (which we did use) was wadded in a heap in the bureau drawer. There was also a waterbug in the bathroom in the morning.

There's also a safety issue with this hotel. My parents found the bathtub to be quite slick. There us no safety mat or other nonskid device to help keep people from slipping. A grab bar placed higher up than the one for sitting position would be a very useful addition to the tub as well.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The best thing about this property is that it was right next to the Cracker Barrel restaurant. Otherwise, it was just ok. The front desk was not particularly friendly. The room was somewhat tired, but mainly clean. If you just can't drive any farther, then this place isn't the worst place to stop for a night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank redd_wynge
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I travelled with my wife to st joseph missouri. The desk clerk who checked us in was really helpful and courtious. The room was perfectly clean, spotless. I like the way room is set up living room and sleeping room(Spacious room).Breakfast was really good. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. At check out time paula even ask us to help with our luggage this is more than what i expect from the hotel desk clerk. Hotel entrance is a little difficult to find but once we reach there it was a hidden gem.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple