“Completly Disgusting!”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Pittsburgh
“Completly Disgusting!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

If I could rate this hotel a ZERO I would!

1. My room had chunks of dried mud all over the place. I had to call the front desk and have someone come in and clean it up!

2. I washed the makeup off my face and left the towel with the other used towels on the floor for housekeeping to remove during their daily cleaning. When I returned to the room at the end of the day my dirty towel was hanging back on the towel rack! It still had my makeup all over it.

3. After the second day of sleeping there I noticed a bunch of red marks on my legs. Bedbugs? OMG. This place is so gross. Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY THERE!

Room Tip: Stay next door. Avoid this Comfort Inn at all costs!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Carrie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel is not bad. It was clean, but it seemed as though housekeeping was not as meticulous as in other Comfort Suites I have stayed in. For instance, the tissue box was shoved in the holder, and the beds were not made tight - rather they had some waves in the covers. (They did smell new, though, so they were not from previous guests.) Certainly this isn't a huge deal, but it is what keeps a hotel from getting a "very good" or "excellent" rating. It is, thus, just average. Furthermore, the lighting was fairly dim, and the air conditioner was not as great as it could have been. It was a bit humid in the room. For a Comfort Suites, I was expecting a bit more (based on previous experiences at various Choice Hotels). However, as I said, there is nothing "wrong" with this hotel. It could just be a bit better. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We found cereal on the floor from a previous occupant and the bedding for the sofabed (which we did use) was wadded in a heap in the bureau drawer. There was also a waterbug in the bathroom in the morning.

There's also a safety issue with this hotel. My parents found the bathtub to be quite slick. There us no safety mat or other nonskid device to help keep people from slipping. A grab bar placed higher up than the one for sitting position would be a very useful addition to the tub as well.

• Stayed July 2011
Pocatello
Reviewed June 20, 2011

The best thing about this property is that it was right next to the Cracker Barrel restaurant. Otherwise, it was just ok. The front desk was not particularly friendly. The room was somewhat tired, but mainly clean. If you just can't drive any farther, then this place isn't the worst place to stop for a night.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank redd_wynge
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I travelled with my wife to st joseph missouri. The desk clerk who checked us in was really helpful and courtious. The room was perfectly clean, spotless. I like the way room is set up living room and sleeping room(Spacious room).Breakfast was really good. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. At check out time paula even ask us to help with our luggage this is more than what i expect from the hotel desk clerk. Hotel entrance is a little difficult to find but once we reach there it was a hidden gem.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My family had driven approx 10 hours, when we decided to stop in St. Joseph. After 2-3 hours of sleep, fire alarms awoke us. For our own safety we hauled three sleeping children out to the parking lot, hoping it wasn't serious. But then the smoke was coming out the front door and the fire trucks arrived. We were freezing in that parking lot. When we were allowed to re-enter it was a sickening smell, even on the 2nd floor.
We were under the impression that no one was going to be charged (why would we?). The manager had a stack of papers in his hand and said they had not been processed. We have since attempted to contact MR. PATEL WHO HAS NOT RESPONDED AND CHARGED US THE FULL AMOUNT! We had just experienced the loss of my father and were traveling to deliver some his belongings. This experience added so much more grief in a trying time for all of us. You have a choice, DO NOT STAY HERE!
I read another review, and this fire could have been avoided if the staff would have acted on another guests notification!! I REPEAT, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Jamesport, Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We came home from Texas to be with our Mom, who was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer and is a patient at Heartland Hospital. This was a very hard time for all of us and Paula and her staff went out of their way to help us in every way they could. Paula was extremely helpful, friendly and very compassionate about our situation. My 5 year-old daughter was comfortable enough to go directly to Paula for a cup of hot tea with honey every evening! The housekeeper, Saiperly, was very thorough and friendly and always made sure our room was fresh and clean. We could go on and on, but I just want to stress that I will always stay at this hotel when I come home to visit my family in St. Joe.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family