Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Hotels.com
$88
Travelocity
$115
Motel 6 St. Joseph(Saint Joseph)
$54
$105
Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Joseph(Saint Joseph)(Great Value!)
$98
Days Inn St Joseph(Saint Joseph)
$72
$112
$109
Travelocity
All reviewsfree drinkshot dogsnachosevening kickbackevening snacksbaked potatomanager's receptionliving areanice selectionchilliroom was cleangreat roomoatmealkansas cityhot tubeasy accessnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Not sure how to rank this hotel....while on a motorcycle tour of the U.S. we stayed here and it was our first time at a Drury. We are Hampton people....and we were surprised by this one and how good it was. Then came Clarissa. At checkout, we asked if she could book us a place in St Louis...she called reservations and booked us 2 nights in st louis...WOW!!! Great customer service...or so we thought. I asked Clarissa how much the room was...she said, $114...in St Louis??? I questioned the price but she assured me that was the rate. I went outside and the backseater told me to go inside and confirm that rate as she was seeing $200+ a night at that hotel. Again, Clarissa confirmed the rate and I told her I was shocked she could do that....she gloated how she did a great thing for us. About 200 miles later I check my email and there is my confirming email for the room CLarissa booked for us....at $209 a night!!!! I called reservations to see what they could do...and they did nothing....said they couldn't do $114...BUT they would transfer me BACK to Clarissa who could fix the issue. The operator says she will tell Clarissa the situation before she transfers me. Keep in mind...I'm on the side of the road because we are on a bike. CLarissa happily gets back on the phone AND informs me she will fix the issue AND that SHE, the great Clarissa, has power to change rates that reservations does not....great I said. She says she is getting on the computer and she has confirmed the rate of $114. I tell her she is great and we get happily on our way to St Louis knowing we have a great room waiting for us. As we are riding I did math in my head....how did Clarissa get on the computer and lock the rate when she had to CALL reservations to book the reservation for us???? I start thinking she didn't listen to me or the reservation agent and the great Claissa booked us into St Joes for $114 NOT St Louis. I pull over and call reservations....they tell me is still $209 for St Louis. They transfer me to customer service....and by customer service I mean voice mail. I finally reach the manager at St Joe's....and he says Clarissa could NOT change a rate in St Louis (my thought exactly) and he doesn't know what she did....well, neither did I. He says he will get on it and work on it while we ride to St Louis. Once I get to St Louis, I call Travis and he is cooking and did nothing to get us a room in St Louis....its 8 o'clock at night...we are in a new area....we have no place to stay and we are beat from almost 400 miles on a bike...we're old. Travis says he can try and find us a room...well, you were supposed to be doing that already NOT serving hot dogs. The hotels around the Harley dealer are all booked!!! We finally find one about 25 miles away and ride to that Hampton. We were to stay 2 nights in St Louis including one that was to be a recovery day....we need those on occasion. We couldn't take that day and it had repercussions thru the remainder of the trip....instead of a relaxing day in St Louis, we had a rushed whirl wind tour...thanks to CLarissa. Instead of reservations, customer service, the St Louis Arch Drury manager, Clarissa and Travis arguing over whose fault it was....and everyone saying "there isn't anything I can do"...and..."we can't do that rate"....for all this aggravation... they should have just given us the room at the rate we agreed to....or done what a real quality hotel would have done....given us the room for free...although that isn't what I wanted....I just wanted what we were told and someone to step up and solve the problem, NOT pass the buck. So even though it was a good stay, its hard to give a good review to a hotel that doesn't have honorable staff....and I do believe everyone makes mistakes....its what happens AFTER the mistake that makes the person or the business...these people just denied and passed the buck.

Room Tip: Don't trust Clarissa!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hiplain1
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

I would like to take a moment to thank you for providing feedback on your stay at our Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph, Missouri. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced while trying to book a stay at one of our St. Louis area properties. Our team members do their best to take care of our guests, and that includes taking care of reservations at other properties. While we can help to get you set up with a reservation at any of our locations, we do not have access to their property-specific systems or rates. We apologize for any misunderstanding or inconvenience you experienced. Please know we will use this as an opportunity to work with our team in quoting rates for the hotels.

In the future, another option is to call 1-800-DRURYINN and one of our agents would be happy to help you with a reservation. We truly appreciate your business, and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs and deliver an outstanding guest experience.

Phil L.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

After staying at the #1 hotel on trip advisor a few times we tried the Drury Inn because their rates were a bit cheaper. We stayed 3 nights over the weekend and this has become my new mainstay hotel when I visit my family here. Check in was quick and easy. We stayed in room 132. I am always hesitant to stay on the first floor but went ahead and took the room. The room was close to the exit door/stairs and also buy the housekeeping service area so we were afraid it would be noisy but it wasn't. Our room was nice and clean. Nice bathroom, nice size tv, big chest to hang dresses and suits (was there for a wedding) and a desk. We didn't get a chance to go to the pool but did use the small fitness center, it's gets the job done for cardio.

We made it early enough to catch happy hour for cocktails and appetizers. Not too much variety, but enough for 2 adults and children to pick something they wanted and me to have a couple of margaritas and relax. There was pasta and meatballs, make your own nachos, hot dogs and chips/pretzels Breakfast was also good. Various hot and cold options along with juice and coffee. If there was once thing I would critique, it would be that it was the same breakfast the entire weekend. The biscuits and gravy were very good though (would've loved BACON!!) I would've liked the breakfast to be something different both days.

Overall, very nice hotel, the best in Saint Joseph we've stayed in so far and like I said we will now choose this hotel when coming to visit our family.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shauny874
Reviewed July 12, 2014

For a hotel that has been standing on this spot for as long as I can remember, it really does not show it's age! Obviously recently remodeled, the carpets, linens, furniture, etc., is all very fresh. Counter tops are granite and the bathroom floor and above the shower is all ceramic tile. Everything is clean. The public areas are also very attractive. The breakfast area is spacious with a nice layout. The breakfast is better than average with a nice selection of both hot and cold food. We came in too late for the Kickback food and drinks, but we know from experience at other Drury Inn's that it is not to be beat! Honestly, not a single suggestion on which they could improve. A real treat to stay there!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nomad062_10
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The Drury always exceeds expectations. Staff was very friendly. Food was good. Love the wine they pour (Northern California). Although the hotel allows pets you'd never know it unless you see one. Our suite was nice as usual. Not a fan of their bath products but other people love them.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here with my son after very long day of driving. Check in worker was very friendly and informative. Free dinner and drinks were awesome. Room was comfortable, bed was nice, convenient plugins. Breakfast was great. No complaints at all. Great stay, great hotel. If I see a Drury Inn on my route, this is where I will stay. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family