“Drury in St. Joe! Worth your $”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Drury is a great branch of hotels through out most of the United States. Their selling point is a small fridge and microwave in every room...quality 2 room suites...pools that often are indoor/outdoor combined...and their evening meals (more than snacks) and great overall breakfasts. In addition, you expect (those who stay more than 3 times) that you will be treated with respect and dignity by the management. Seriously....good luck with that last point in many hotel chains across the United States. We stayed (family of 4) during the Easter weekend...on Good Friday. We found the hotel clean, and well represented at the front desk. The pool area was fine, although it isn't a indoor/outdoor type..it is an a quality indoor pool with plenty of deck space and restrooms along with a hot tub. During our stay there wasn't the usual over crowded atmosphere where club sports teams were over running the place, and when I brought up the fact that our TV wasn't receiving HD channels due to a local cable error...the management led by Travis Hicks was more than helpful and even took the extra time to stop by and double check with us that our stay was going well. All efforts by Travis HIcks were timely, and very professional. Drury chose well when they placed him in management.

I recommend the St. Joseph, MO Drury because it has all the necessary qualities one expects from the chain. It is clean, well maintained, and the management actually cares what the customer thinks..and follows up with them.

Stay at this hotel..you won't regret it.

Room Tip: There is a restaurant serving barbecue adjacent to the property. There are numerous places to eat th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank J H

Reviewed April 16, 2014

What great service and restful sleep! We arrived on a frigid evening and were greeted with the warmest welcome; perfect customer service! Our oversized king was quiet, spacious, clean and extremely comfortable! Make sure you try a Bloody Mary made by Teresa.... Yum! Clean, easy access, friendly. Will be my "go-to" hotel when I'm in the area.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here one night while traveling from Maryland to Oregon...with 5 cats. After a less-than-stellar stay at another hotel chain in Indianapolis on our first night, this stop in St. Joseph was like a little piece of heaven! I'd never stayed at a Drury Inn before (never even heard of them, honestly), and after that one night, I found myself searching the internet to see if they had hotels in the other cities we'd planned to stop in along the way. Unfortunately, they didn't, or else I would have changed my reservations to Drury!

The lobby and rooms were very nice, clean, and well-maintained. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom had a huge walk-in shower. But what really got me, though, was the evening "Kickback"...

Every evening they offer their guests free hot appetizers and drinks...which is great after a long day on the road. In addition to the usual nachos and pretzels, they had pasta, meatballs, and hot dogs...which was substantial enough that we didn't need to go back out for dinner. I made myself a meatball sub, collected 2 of my 3 free "adult" drinks (they made my screwdriver a double. lol) and went back to my room to enjoy it. As a side note - they also offer free popcorn all afternoon/evening as well as free soft drinks.

They are also pet-friendly, in that they only charge a $10 cleaning fee per room per day - and I am pretty sure that they didn't even charge us on this stay.

Of the 5 hotels I stayed in during this trip, this was far and away the favorite! Would definitely stay there again if I ever found myself back in Missouri.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here one night while traveling in this area. The room was clean, but nothing special. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very small. Breakfast was your average free breakfast. Thought the price was a bit high for the quality of the room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband & I stayed here for 1nite on our way thru to Florida and we're very happy we picked the Drury Inn. We were made to feel very welcome at check in. The room was very clean & the free wine or beer & snacks were greatly appreciated after a long day of travelling. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed N
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I stayed here after having pipes burst in my home. It took 10 days for repairs to be made. There truly is no place like home but I enjoyed our stay here at the hotel. Every staff member was professional and friendly. By the 2nd day they called my children and me by name. Teresa, Phil, Patrick, and the Asst. Manager Travis were all amazing. They were very helpful with faxing information to the insurance company and showed sincere interest in how my repairs were coming along. The room was spotless and nicely appointed. Beds and pillows were very comfy. My kids enjoyed the daily free soda and popcorn. They serve a full breakfast every day with both hot and cold items (oatmeal, eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits/gravy, and the traditional pastries, yogurt, and cold cereal). In the evenings, there is also food (chicken tenders, soup, salad, macaroni & cheese, etc.) along with 3 free alcoholic beverages for adults. We were able to bring our pet as well and there is plenty of green space outdoors to let pets out without disturbing the other guests. They have convenient shower gel/shampoo/conditioner dispensers in the bathroom and it's good to see them have a plan to be more environmentally friendly. They took very good care of us here and although it was stressful being away from home, they went above and beyond to make us comfortable. Thanks Drury Inn~!

Room Tip: If you need more room, they have wonderful rooms with a separate living room area. Perfect for famil...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Drury Inn and Suites are our first choice when there is one where we are staying. They cost a little more but when you consider the welcoming kickback and the full breakfast, it is worth the price. They offer three drinks plus plenty of food at the kickbacks so that you don't need to go out for a meal. They are truly dog friendly and never charges a fee. The bed are so conferrable that my wife asked where they bought them so that we might get one for our home.

Room Tip: Get there early so that you can get the full benefit of the kickback.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family