“Amazing Hotel and Staff - Safe Home Away from Home”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed May 21, 2013

On Sunday evening May 18th 2013 we were driving through St. Joseph, MO on our way home to Kansas City. We decided to stop at the Drury Inn & Suites hotel in St. Joseph due to inclement weather on our drive. There were strong thunderstorms, hail, winds, and possible tornados in the area. We decided we would rather take shelter than to chance driving into a bad storm. The Drury Inn staff members (Manager Travis Hicks & Krystin at the front desk) were more than accommodating. They offered pop and popcorn to my husband and I and ended up giving my 2 year old daughter a free warm meal (hot dog and macaroni and cheese) while we watched the weather. The power went out and the winds picked up quite a bit blowing their pool furniture away and a constant flow of wind was coming in the front lobby area. We were guided to take cover in the hotel corridor on the 1st level. As we were holding our baby and 2 yr old in the hallway I had mentioned I’d feel safer in a room/bathroom. There was a guy in Army fatigue that offered the key to his room to stay safe in the bathroom. The manager approached us and told us that he could give us a really good deal on a room to stay in to keep safe for the night. The rate was almost half what the regular price was. This was so generous of him to offer. We decided to stay because there were more rounds of storms that were going through later that night. It was nice they were pet friendly, so we were able to bring our dog in from the storm as well. My husband was also very impressed with the leadership of the manager that was on duty that night. When he went to reserve a room, he said the manager had pulled aside the front desk worker (Krystin) and discussed emergency protocols. He also offered again to get something for my husband and I for supper (since we had missed the timeframe at the restaurant next door to the hotel). They brought us a crib for our baby and we slept very well. The rooms were very nice: clean, comfortable and very well kept. I loved the comfortable bed, pillows and bath supplies that were provided as well. They had an amazing breakfast buffet that had waffles, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, cereals, yogurts, fruit, seasoned potatoes, sausage, etc. Even the lady working in the kitchen was overly kind, talking with me and my children. Overall, we were impressed with the hotel and the staff all around. We were blessed to have spent our scary evening in the company of such generous/loving staff of the Drury Hotel. I will recommend friends/family to stay here if they ever are on their way through.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JGTravels44142
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were in town for a Confirmation. Chose the Drury for the amenities that they have. The evening meal, snacks & beverages they offer are great. Certainly a big money saver for families.
Breakfast was also tops. So many food choices. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Always concerned if there was anything they could do or get for you. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phyllis J
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel for one night in late April 2013; we rolled in just before 5:30 in the afternoon in time for their evening "snack" and drinks between 5:30 and 7:00PM. This gave us the opportunity to have three drinks each (wine or hard liquor) with snacks consisting of hot dogs, chill, chips, tacos and salsa, salad, soft drinks etc. We managed two drinks of wine each which was sooo nice after spending the day charging along the Interstate. Their is a very large pleasant area to enjoy this hospitality .... really quite nice and very relaxing after this hard day of driving ... their is no additional cost for this "extra". Kids and even adults can make this their supper if they so desire.
The bedroom and bathroom were spotless .. three pillows to choose from HD TV and very spacious.
There are also lots of very nice restaurants nearby that can be reached by either walking or driving.
The hot breakfast in the morning included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, hot or cold cereal, juices, coffee and tea and also fruit. Staff were also in attendance to make sure that we were well taken care of.
Staff were courteous and attentive to the needs of their clients.
After our experience at the Drury Inn it has become our #1 choice for a hotel and the price was very reasonable for the value received
The only unfortunate thing is that Drury Inns are not located in the north or NW part of the country.
Future trips across the country are to be planned so that we can stay at a Drury Inn ... definitely give it 5 out of 5 stars!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms; well constructed building in a great location
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This Hotel was very clean and offered a senior discount at the age of 55. It was easy to find, right off the highway. Located by many restaurants and stores. Great breakfast! Easy check in. The room was very quiet and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here one night during our travels.the hotel is Beautiful. Very clean. We got there on Friday night and had pasta and meatballs, salad,potatoes and assorted other food items. We were really pleased because we did not have to venture out to find a restaurant. We could truly relax after a long day of traveling. Breakfast in the morning was also very nice.
The room was really nice. The bed was not the most comfortable. Too soft for our liking. Overall though the hotel was a great place to stay. We would stops there again.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 9, 2013

There are only 2 hotels I would stay in. Now I have found a third one. This hotel is near restaurants,a mall, easy access on and off the interstate. Breakfast is awesome you get a hot breakfast, my husband loves biscuits and gravy that made his morning. And the best part of all, I can have my 2 dogs with me. The rooms were clean beautiful and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful. I love this so much I stayed an extra day. Beds are so comfortable. We need one of these in Wyoming.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family of 2 adults and 3 children under the age of 10 decided to stop here on the way to canada. Most of the reviews on trip advisor were great for this hotel, so we decided to stop here. Big mistake! The whole hotel was permiated with cigarette smoke smell and the rooms were outdated. They made the front entrance look very inviting, but as you reached your floor the smell was horrible. It seems like there is no ventilation system, and would seem unbareable even if you are a smoker. Our youngest son has bad asthma and after trying 2 different rooms we decided to switch hotels. The only good thing about this hotel was the staff were friendly. I have no idea how this hotel got such great reviews? This is my first review on here, because I felt that something needed to be said so this doesn't happen to anyone one else.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

The Drury Inn and Suites in St Joseph, Missouri welcomes the feedback of our guests and we are disappointed whenever we hear that recent visitors experienced anything less than a perfect stay. While a small portion of our rooms are available for smoking guests, they are in the corner of our highest floor. This ensures, especially with our operational ventilation unit, that smells do not bother our non-smoking guests. We can never guarantee that a smoker will not smoke in an lower floor room, however, when we come across it, we make arrangements for that room to be cleaned thoroughly. Our aim is that the only smell that permeates the hotel is the daily supply of popcorn and of our free hot breakfast and free hot dinner. Regarding our appearance, it is true that our hotel has been in the Saint Joseph community for many years. However, we take pride in the our regular renovations including the past two which updated our décor, provided a more convenient entry way, and transformed our outdoor pool into a year-round indoor experience! I would be happy to invite prospective guests, their family and friends, to drop by for a visit and a tour of our facility.