“Newly Remodeled with Nice Bells and Whistles”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Missouri
“Newly Remodeled with Nice Bells and Whistles”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I was in town for a business meeting and tried this hotel as a switch from our normal corporate hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable...bath and shower were very functional and about what you would expect. What blew me away was the free drink tickets for the bar, free finger food buffet and very nice buffett breakfast! Definately a repeat the next time I am in town. Staff was very friendly and parking was very adequate. Just a short walk accross the parking lot for BBQ.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
StL
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed here overnight on our way through to Nebraska. This is an excellent Drury hotel. It is super clean. The staff is extremely helpful. Breakfast was excellent. It definitely meets Drury standards. We stayed here in April of 2012 & would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night while I dropped my daughter off at college and I felt like this hotel was a bare minimum. The staff was friendly but the hotel was just not very comfortable. I wasn't expecting a 4 star hotel but based on the reviews I was expecting a little more.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Renae94
Colorado
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here 1 night during a trip. The hotel we used to stay at while in the area has deteriorated so we tried the Drury.

It was a fine hotel. The evening buffet served as dinner. We had a 1 bedroom suite which was fine. The only negatives were somewhat limited closet space and the bedroom was just a little cramped.

The management had a problem the morning we were there with the staffing of the breakfast room. It was a bit of a disaster. When I brought it to the attention of the management, they took action and personally went to work to remedy the mess. When I checked out, I was given a reduced rate to compensate for the problem. I was told the employee who was in the breakfast area had been told he was being "reassigned".

So, the management did all they could to reasonably remedy the problem, which is all a visitor can ask for when something goes wrong. I consider their handling of it to be a plus for the hotel.

We will stay there again our next time through the area as long as their rates continue to be competitive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank johndeereguy59
Miami, OK
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I stayed here on Sept. 20, 2012 and was not disappointed. The hotel has been remodeled and is very clean and comfortable. The nightly snacks and free breakfast are very good. The front desk clerk who greeted me was named Peggy. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area which helped me out tremendously. Would highly recommend this place. It's also located just off the interstate which is very easy to find.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here one night. Good evening snacks, 3 free drinks and great free breakfast. The room was clean and VERY comfortable!! I would definitely stay there again or recommend it since I am Travel Agent.

Missouri
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I like the Drury chain and this is a good hotel. The eating area and main lobby are updated and clean. They have good staff and everything you would need. This is probably an older Drury, but the updates make it a good place to stay. Easy to find.