“A pet-friendly place that's good for people, too”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Portland, Oregon
“A pet-friendly place that's good for people, too”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I made it to St. Joseph with no reservations and it was dark. I headed to my usual Hampton Inn where I was told no pets, but the desk clerk was kind enough to call around for me and that's how I got to the Drury property.

They didn't have any non-smoking rooms left, so I settled for a smoking. Check-in was super fast and they have drinks and popcorn in the lobby. I think there may be more, but I just wanted to get to the room.

For a smoking room, it sure didn't smell like it. That was a pleasant surprise. The place looked new and was extremely clean. The shower had one of those huge heads that feels like a rain shower. That was my favorite thing about the place. The bed and pillows were wonderfully comfortable. Strong wifi signal.

This was my first stay at a Drury and it left a really good impression. I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: There's a bar-b-q restaurant next door.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
FRASER
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We love Drury Inns and feel it is a big value for your money. Always clean and the ample breakfast with the bonus of a hot snack and drinks, very generous. This was the first time that we could hear from the other room, coughing and voices, the TV. That was surprising.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Joseph, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
As always, we love getting feedback from our guests, and we would like to personally thank you for continuing to choose Drury Hotels! It always makes us happy to know that our guests take advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer. We sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced during your stay. If you ever have questions or concerns during your stay, please contact one of our front desk team members and they will be happy to assist you. We truly appreciate your business, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks,

Phil LaRocco
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was my second stay at this Drury location. Phoned in my reservation, got a very good senior rate for a king room. When I checked in I remembered a special autumn rate, that I forgot to mention when making the reservation. The friendly desk clerk then gave me another discount. I was very pleased with that! The room is quite spacious, king bed with chair & ottoman, large TV, frig, microwave, a closed closet with full length mirrors on the door. A window you can open if you want some fresh air, the heat and air are adjusted on the wall thermostat. Had to figure that one out, but got it to work. Lots of plugs on the desk and on the lamp bases, for your phone, laptop. etc. I took advantage of the free wifi and had no problem with it. The bed had lots of pillows, some a bit hard, some soft. There is no 'real' blanket or bedspread, I was a bit chilly that night, luckily I brought my own throw with to cover up with. This time is seemed the walls were a bit thin, could hear the bathroom next to us quite well. And the bathroom is large enough, but does not have a ceiling fan that you can turn on and off. If you shower and stream up the mirrors, you will have to wipe them down. There are soap and shampoo dispensers in the shower. I didn't care for the products, next time I will bring my own.
The hotel also offers free food and drinks from 5:30 to 7 pm. There were chicken fingers, baked potato, nachos, salad, etc. And a hot breakfast in the am. Scrambled eggs, potatoes, cereal, etc The elevator can be a bit slow, use the stairs, they were clean, carpeted and well lit.. I will be traveling to St. Joseph often and will make this my first choice, so far so good!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Montevallo, Alabama
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My favorite chain. Nice room as always with very comfortable beds. Good supper with hot dogs and chilli. Great breakfest with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy. I love this place. Close and convenient to the tourist sites of st. joseph. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here after a family gathering in Maryville.....after a long day the short drive was very welcome. We had adjoining rooms with our children and grandchildren and that was very convenient! The rooms and bathrooms were immaculate. The free appetizers and breakfast were delicious! This was our second stay here and we will definitely return when we are back that way again!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Paul M
Western NY
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay. The deluxe king room was very spacious, modern and clean. The complimentary breakfast was better than a typical free hotel breakfast. It offered hot items, such as scrambled eggs and belgian waffles. There was also plenty of room in the dining area. There were complimentary drinks and snacks in the evening, as well as free soda and popcorn all day long. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There was no additional charge to upgrade to the "deluxe" king room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Island, New York (Buffalo area)
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Our family had 5 rooms at the hotel because we were in town for a family weekend. The hotel was great for this. It had a wonderful common area with tables & chairs for breakfast, etc. It was also a great place for family to sit and visit. Breakfast was good. Evening snacks were good. Rooms were clean anc comfortable. Parking was free. Internet was free. It is a great choice when in St Joe's. And I almost forgot about friendly Peggy at the front desk.

• Stayed September 2012