“Terrible weather - WONDERFUL Hotel and Exemplary STAFF”

Hampton Inn St. Joseph
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Winnipeg, Canada
“Terrible weather - WONDERFUL Hotel and Exemplary STAFF”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

In 18 years of business travel, I said to my travelling partner as we were departing that THIS hotel staff was absolutely the most courteous, genuine, and helpful of any I can recall every encountering - anywhere, and in any country. Management and staff of this hotel should be recognized for their very real efforts (it was a snowy, icy evening and morning and they were even canvassing the breakfast area and front counter to offer to go out and start vehicles for guests - and we found a gentleman outside in cold winter clothing who was scraping windows and clearing snow from vehicles). I was more pleased that I've ever been with how welcoming the hostess as the breakfast room was (though the food could have been fresher as by our 7 AM arrival in the room the eggs and sausages, etc all were dried out and a bit unappetizing) the most pleasant and welcoming staff person I've met in a long time. Bravo to every employee here.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kenosha, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I reserved late in the day and notified the desk that I would be checking in very late, after 3:00 AM. When I arrived the front desk had my room ready, I was already checked in and my key was waiting on the front desk. This was great as I had little time to nap before my appointment at 8:00 AM the breakfast at 7:00 was fabulous, hot and plentiful. The hotel staff was super friendly and some of the best I have interacted with in a long time. Thanks for a great stay!

Elk Grove, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Clean and friendly staff! Great location and the beds were restful! Enjoy the desk staff, helpful in finding a local resturant for my needs for the night I was there! I am looking forward to staying at this hotel in the near future! A wet night; however they had space for Diamond members to park and walk under a canopy to the hotel entrance!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was an average aging Hampton that a decent staff. They didn't do anything without someone asking but when asked they performed well. The problem was the sheets and duvet had stains (evident by taking a warm wash cloth and removing the stain left by someone's else nose). I called the front desk and the brought up clean sheets only and changed them promptly.

1 Thank Pheland
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Pheland,
Thank you for your review. I'm terribly sorry to hear you had a negative experience at my hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and I apologize that we did not provide you with exceptional service. I will address your concerns with my entire staff. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to impress you on your next trip to St. Joseph.

Betty M.
La Vernia, Texas
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are small so the king suite gives you more room to sit at the desk and it seems to be a nicer bed and room overall. The outside is a little outdated but the interior has recently been renovated.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Justin K
TMIHospitality, Manager at Hampton Inn St. Joseph, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Justin K,
Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn St. Joseph. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. I also appreciate you giving future guests tips to make their stay better. I hope the next time you find yourself in the area, you will once again be our guest.

Betty M.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Room was very clean and had several notes from the housekeeping staff that made us feel welcome. The bathroom was well stocked and even included a toothbrush and toothpaste which came in helpful because one of my children forgot to pack theirs! Best complimentary breakfast I've had at a hotel. Very clean, great presentation and the food was hot. The person working the breakfast buffet was constantly wiping things down and keeping it clean. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. My keys were ready and waiting at check-in and I just handed them in when we walked out without any paperwork. Overall I was extremely impressed with this hotel. It has very easy access to the interstate and it is also very close to a nice mall. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby also.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

PETERSON
Reviewed October 24, 2013

After a long day traveling from southern Arkansas by motorcycle, this hotel was a real oasis. The staff was helpful and the room was great. The bed was so comfortable that I was asleep before the lights were out. Then when we went down to breakfast, we were very pleased with the selection of hot food. Eggs, sausage, waffles. The discount for a federal employee was a real bonus!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple