“Good Service, nice rooms, plenty of lighted parking, convienent to the airport”

Radisson St. Joseph
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Very nice full service hotel with good staff, nice pool area, restaurant and bar. Rooms, halls and lobby have recently been upgraded.

Plenty of lighted parking!!

We flew into the St. Joseph airport for work and the Holiday Inn is recommended by the FBO on the airport.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 20, 2011

Although some do not seem to be impressed, we have stayed here several times (over the last 8 years), and like this hotel. Once, we had an air conditioner that wouldn't work, and were offered another room. All other instances were good. Staff has always been nothing but very professional. Restaurant for breakfast is fair. Dinner restaurant....we never went to, but I can say that the 36th Street Restaurant (before it was in the hotel), was very good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
janice_keith, Director of Sales at Radisson St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

We appreciate your recent comments. By your next visit we should have a fresh look. New 37” HD-TV’s, new corridor carpet & renovated elevator should be in place. We hope you were able to enjoy our morning coffee bar on your last stay with us. If not, make sure to check it out next time. Located in the lobby next to the front desk. This new addition to our hotel has hot coffee & flavored teas, assorted creamers, fresh whole fruit and a variety of snack bars to enjoy. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

It was not the cleanest Holiday Inn I've stayed at. The necessities were okay, the bed seemed clean, the bathroom seemed clean but could use some updating and it looked there had been a leak from upstairs. There was quite a bit of noise from trains or something. BUT the restaurant food was very good for hotel food. Usually heaters and air conditioners cycling on and off wake me up but this one did not.

Room Tip: try to get one on the front side away from tracks
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
janice_keith, Director of Sales at Radisson St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you for staying with us and for writing a review. We are in the process of some updating. New 37” HD TV’s were installed just this last week, new carpet is to be installed next week & wall coverings to be updated by end of year. These are soft renovations that should not interfere with our guests during their stay. As for the train noise, we are located downtown in the “quiet zone” the railroad is only to blow their horn if they feel an emergency is present. Our restaurant located in our lobby has been a local favorite for several years.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here one night. I wouldn't recommend this to single female travelers. Definitely not the safest feeling area. The parking lot didn't seem very safe or secure. I checked in around 7 pm on Sunday night. The young woman who checked me in did not recognize me as a Platinum member but the checkin was fast and simple. The rooms smell musty and beds are very soft. I was in a double queen room and one of the bedspreads was stained and dirty. Bathroom was mostly clean but tub/shower was dingy. Carpet inside the room was thin and stained. I did not feel this was worth the value I paid. Also, since this location is downtown, there were very few choices for restaurants outside the hotel's own restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This is the WORST room I have ever stayed in. It was dirty - spots on carpet, sheets, toilet, dirt on bathtub and floor - awful! The room itself stunk of hunid mold. The loby smelled very strongly of bleach. We tried another room and it was just as bad as the first one. There were dirty dished in the hallways when we checked in in the afternoon that were still there when we checked out the next day -one day early. The only positive was the two young women who were on the reception desk. They were lovely and tried to be helpful. I was comped the night we stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
janice_keith, Director of Sales at Radisson St. Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2011

I cannot apologize enough for your experience. I have passed along your issues and my concerns to our Head Housekeeper. I also spoke with the GM of 36thST Resturant about the trays in the hallways. We now have a "check-floor" list that the servers need to sign to insure that trays are being picked up in a timely manner. I'm glad that the Front Desk staff did try to help you during your stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

So I originally booked a 20 block of rooms for my wedding. Well when my guests started trying to reserve rooms, I called them to check what was going on, and for some reason my block of rooms didn't exist. They claim they didn't get confirmation from me, however I left one of the sales ladies a message stating that YES I want the rooms booked for certain dates, and to call me back if she had any questions. Never got a call back, so I figured everything was good. When I spoke with her again, she said the number I had given her was incorrect, however she had previously called me the first time we spoke. And it worked then...

When I arrived the weekend of, the reservation for myself didn't exist. I had reserved a room the week before, got a confirmation number and everything. But they still were not able to find anything for me. Thankfully there was one cancellation on another room, so we had to use a single queen bed instead of a king with a pullout couch (3 people..)

After all of this, on my way to my room I was stopped by the same sales lady that I had spoke with on the phone, who asked me to come in her office. She was quite upset, because apparently when I was checking in one of the front desk clerks thought I said I needed rooms for 20 more people. I said NOTHING of the sort. I had to sit there and let her bark at me, for NOTHING. After I told her she was completely incorrect, we ended our little meeting.

I will not be back to his hotel...ever. I was completely disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JRob201755

I cannot apologize enough for your experience. That’s why I wanted to speak with you at the time of your check-in. Since our Hotel was “Sold-Out” the front desk staff misunderstood when you were asking about a “block of 20 rooms” they thought you had additional guests that would be checking in. I hated to say anything at all since this was your wedding weekend and didn’t want to upset you in any way. Unfortunately that’s exactly what happened. We are sorry for the confusion.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed here for family wedding. It was really the only place they could possibly have put the guests given the rural location of the wedding some 25 miles away, but I will NEVER stay at this hotel again.Overall the hotel is not horrible, and I have seen worse, but when we were ready to go to bed, we turned down our sheets and discovered that they had not been changed from the prior guest. I won't gross you out with the details, but it was disgusting.Then, they had no staff available to change our bed, so the poor beleaguered desk clerk very apologetically brought up clean sheets. We had to change our own bed (not a huge deal, but really?) and the sheets were the wrong size to boot. Hotel restaurant the next morning was dismal--awful food, slow service. The hallways were like saunas--were they trying to save on AC costs by cooling only the guest rooms?As if this weren't all bad enough, they only gave us a ten dollar credit on our room for the bed changing debacle. I politely complained and the manager on duty gave us fifty bucks off. Staff is pleasant, but the place is understaffed and poorly managed--you can just see it everywhere, in all the details.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else unless you just have to be in downtown St. Joseph Missouri.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family