“Great Food!”

54Th Street grill & Bar
Ranked #14 of 220 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Was heading to Applebee's when a suggestion was made to go here. Great food, drink specials and great waitress.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you are gluten intolerent, they have a great menu to choose from. The prices are quite reasonable.

1  Thank Rebelmom56
Reviewed March 21, 2012

My wife and I always come here for the cajun chicken sandwich and it is always good. But this time, the sandwich seems smaller even though the price has gone up. But still a good value for the money.
Service seems to range all the way from pretty good to terrible. This last time was so-so. First our hostess wanted to seat us right next to a table with 3 small kids. I could understand if the place was full but it wasn't, only 3 occupied tables. Hostess couldn't seem to understand why we would request a different table choice, but finally came around.
Then when we were seated, we were treated to the 'light show'. Apparently, while folks are still dining and closing time is over an hour away, the staff takes a powerful high-beam spotlight to check over the empty booths and tables. And if it shines in your eyes that's apparently just your bad luck.

In short: Avoid eating after 8. Don't be afraid to request your preferred seating. Do try the cajun chicken.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

It was late, it was cold, and we were hungry. 54th Street was everything we needed in a quick and easy food-stop. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, the service even more so. I was very happy with what they offered, and had a really good time! My food arrived right on time, and hit the spot in every which way imaginable. I would go there again!

Reviewed September 27, 2011

The clerk at the Drury recommended 54th Street and we are so grateful - we wanted a place to unwind and have a good meal and that's just what we got. The service was great - we were seated quickly, although mistakenly - the bar does allow smoking when food is served, so we asked to be moved. For some, this may be ideal. The margaritas (for $3.99) are made in a slushee machine and the secret is their homemade sweet and sour. High end margaritas are also available, but these were tasty and packed a bit of a punch. I had an angus burger and my husband had the taco plate and both were hot and delivered quickly - all seemed fresh and prepared just for us. The place was packed at 9:30pm, but it wasn't so loud you couldn't hear yourself - there were families, couples, young people and football fans glued to the TV at the bar.