“Fantastic Hotel!!!”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I arrived at this hotel and walked in and was greeted by Robert. Very friendly!! He got me checked in and to my room very quickly! This hotel is very themed. Perhaps a little overboard but it's cute none the less. The rooms are huge and VERY clean. The organic bath products were a nice touch! The bed was very comfortable!!! The hotel is so close to so many restaurants and gas stations...it makes it a very convinient place to stop. I only was there for a few hours and was sad I couldn't stay longer!

This hotel clearly gets the wants and needs of todays traveller. Great customer service in a great room at a reasonable price with a breakfast as well. Next time I pass thru St. Joseph...this will be a no brainer!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed November 26, 2011

I travel to St. Joseph several times a year and always end up at Stoney Creek. The price is usually around $80/night. The hotel is clean and the staff is outstanding. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Other reviews mentioned that the beds seemed short so I got out my tape measure and found them to be standard size. The bath is always clean and the selection of toiletries is nice, nothing too strongly scented.

I first discovered Stoney Creek in Columbia, Mo. It's a small chain of very nice hotels. I recommend them to anyone traveling. They outshine Holiday Inn, Super 8, Motel 6 and other chains in the same price range!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We were visiting Atchison, Kansas, but were not fond of any hotels in that area. So we ventured over to St. Joe, MO and found this hotel - it is SO nice and clean, I cannot express to you enough how clean this hotel was. It has the feel of a nice hunting lodge. I am a hotel snob and I am here to tell you this is a great choice for the area. You won't find a better one in the area. If you're looking for a 5 star Ritz Carlton, this isn't it, but I can't tell you how clean this hotel was. You won't regret staying here. It's really nice. I will tell you, however, that the walls are super thin. You can hear people talking in the hallway while laying in bed.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We just stayed as a traveling group with a musical at this property.....so we are very aware of hotels good points and bad points...this hotel is wonderful.....the rooms and the hotel are so unique...rustic with little details all around you that make the atmosphere a delight......what a great way to escape....if you are in the area you cannot go wrong by staying at the hotel....treat yourself to this wonderful treasure

Room Tip: try to get a room on the third floor
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Upon arrival I was met by Dan and the staff at the counter and reservations were all in order.
Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We were given a room at the end of the hallway with a jacuzzi tub which my wife dearly loved. Room nice and furniture/bed was comfortable.

Staff was helpful with local places to eat and gave good directions.

Breakfest was a little disappointing as I was expecting a little more from the nice hotel.
I was really looking forward to scrambled eggs and bacon but instead they only had cold hard
boiled eggs and no bacon at the day that we stayed.
I would go back and stay again and would ask for the same room.
We had a pleasant time and enjoyed the stay and staff.

Room Tip: Get one with the jacuzzi. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had a last-minute meeting with catering and Dan and Anne were VERY great to fit us in and even accommodate all of our details and changes. We appreciate this VERY much! The room and service were PERFECT!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

Being on the road means staying at a lot of motels/hotels that are mediocre at best, and of which I will not waste either my time or yours discussing. I was very fortunate to stay at the Stoney Creek Inn this week, which, in my opinion, does a great job of trying to raise the bar to provide the traveler a better experience. The room was large, clean and quiet. I appreciated the extra large tv.The indoor pool and exercise room was better than most, and the staff really went out of their way to help out. If I am ever in Saint Joseph again I know where I am going to stay!

1  Thank aprince707
#9 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Candlewood Suites St Joseph
Candlewood Suites St Joseph
#5 of 12 in Saint Joseph

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph? Share your experiences!