“overnight stay at hotel”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Hannibal, Missouri
“overnight stay at hotel”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Upon arrival I was met by Dan and the staff at the counter and reservations were all in order.
Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We were given a room at the end of the hallway with a jacuzzi tub which my wife dearly loved. Room nice and furniture/bed was comfortable.

Staff was helpful with local places to eat and gave good directions.

Breakfest was a little disappointing as I was expecting a little more from the nice hotel.
I was really looking forward to scrambled eggs and bacon but instead they only had cold hard
boiled eggs and no bacon at the day that we stayed.
I would go back and stay again and would ask for the same room.
We had a pleasant time and enjoyed the stay and staff.

Room Tip: Get one with the jacuzzi. It is worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had a last-minute meeting with catering and Dan and Anne were VERY great to fit us in and even accommodate all of our details and changes. We appreciate this VERY much! The room and service were PERFECT!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pleasant Hill, California
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Being on the road means staying at a lot of motels/hotels that are mediocre at best, and of which I will not waste either my time or yours discussing. I was very fortunate to stay at the Stoney Creek Inn this week, which, in my opinion, does a great job of trying to raise the bar to provide the traveler a better experience. The room was large, clean and quiet. I appreciated the extra large tv.The indoor pool and exercise room was better than most, and the staff really went out of their way to help out. If I am ever in Saint Joseph again I know where I am going to stay!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank aprince707
Salt Lake City
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The reviews here for the Stoney Creek Inn are really, really good - so when the Drury Inn (my usual stay in St. Joseph) was booked up I felt pretty confident in going to Stoney Creek.

But overall I found it to be just okay. And next time - I'll hope to get back into the Drury.

The best thing Stoney Creek has going for it was that they put a little extra thought into their motel decor - it's charming and different and it helps to disguise the fact that it's really just a motel room. But I liked the decor - it made me smile.

But it's also promoted as a smoke-free facility. This is important to me. It even says it on the front doors. But as I approached those front doors there were 4 employees sitting on a bench not 10-12 feet from the front door smoking up a storm. It was a very unpleasant welcome to the hotel.

The front desk decided to give me the worst room in the place - even though I was checking in at 4pm and there were plenty of available rooms. I was given the room next to the entry door. So every time someone came or went from that end of the hotel the door would slam and I'd hear conversation. And every time the nearby icemaker dumped a new load of ice I could hear it - as well as everyone who went to get ice. And, of course, the room above my head had a child who just ran laps back and forth across his room.

The room door had a deadbolt but did not have one of those hotel style latches that allow you to crack the door without someone being able to push the door open. It's been a very long time since I've been in a hotel that didn't have some kind of secondary security on the door.

The bathroom also had one of the light/fan combos. So you couldn't turn on the fan without the noise of the fan and the fan sucking the heat out.

The breakfast buffet was hotel/motel standard unhealthy, starchy, sugary,

Overall - it was clean and Woolrich country western. But it was overpriced for what I got.

Back to The Drury (and their micro/fridges) for me next time.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank KatieScarlettO
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Rooms are well sound-proofed Double beds are "short" for a 6'0 man,but comfortable. The decor is rather kitchy ,but is clean and amusing. Hard-wired internet connection with very fast download speeds (6M/mbs) is really decent-the hotel was full for a wedding the night we were there. Front desk staff,though young,are very well trained,personable and professional.

OTOH..the combination of state and local taxes add almost 13% to that $99/night room.
The "hot breakfast" supplied is meager..both in selection,freshness and quality. The night we spent there the hotel was full,the breakfast room packed,and a single older cook was running herself ragged. "Hot food" was mediocre "biscuits and gravy", no waffle iron,no sausage,no warm eggs,no hot oatmeal.There is neither a microwave or fridge in the rooms..

So this is a very mixed review..when the bill comes to $112 for 2 people/1 night..you could stay at a Marriot,as a better value.

St.Joseph MO is something of an "armpit"..and this facility is probably as good as it gets locally. The Stoney Creek Inn is a Midwestern chain...the other Stoney Brook we stayed at was in Columbia MO,on an earlier trip...and at the same price,was a far better value.

Room Tip: We normally insist on a top floor room to avoid someone stomping overhead.We had to settle for a gro...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Ridem1953
Arizona
Reviewed October 6, 2011

A little country and a little western. Very nice but wished they would have had a restaurant.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
St. Louis
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This place is very easy to like. If you are traveling with kids, they would love all the stuffed animals and the pool (indoor and connection to an outdoor pool).

Our room was like a holiday inn room but with a western motif. Beds were very comfortable. Our room faced east. Our blinds were black-out blinds and did a great job the next morning.

This place definitely a bargin.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple