“Something different from the normal chain motels.”

Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
Greenwood, Indiana
“Something different from the normal chain motels.”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had a king room with whirlpool/hot tub - room was nice & large. Our TV at times didn't have the best reception. The room was quiet except for when the people below us decided to use their hot tub at midnight. One of the elevators (closest to our room) was out of commission for awhile one day. One thing I've learned over the years --- always have a cell phone on you just in case you get stuck in an elevator or staircase. The breakfast wasn't anything special but better than nothing. The room had 3 larger than normal trash baskets which I thought was great. Even though we had some minor issues - listening to the hot tub noise, breakfast ho hum -- overall the motel was really nice & I would stay there again. It's walking distance to Red Lobster & Denny's. It's not just another Hampton or Doubletree - something different.

Room Tip: Being closer to the elevator is best for less walking (long halls).
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I lived in Saint Joseph for 2 years and always stay here when I come back through town. I stayed while I was attending a KC Royals game with several friends.

It is always clean, has a very friendly staff, great breakfast, & great unique pool. It is very easy to get to. I always look forward to my next trip so I can stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We enjoyed the Stoney Creek Inn, located close to major roads in St. Joseph. It had a great pool that was inside and outside. The decor is a bit over the top theme, but it was clean and well appointed. The breakfast was ample.

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stay at Stoney Creek Inns when we are able. We have never been dissapointed in any of the facilities... This one, however, went above and beyond making us feel welcome, and the room was great.... large, CLEAN, and very comfortable. The staff was awesome and engaging. What I like most about these Inns, is that it does feel like you are staying at a lodge, not a motel... from all of the decorating to warm hospitality, you feel like a guest in their home. The pool area is huge and fun.. the breakfast (and service) was great. We had family members come to pick us up (who had never been there before) and were amazed! GREAT JOB!

Room Tip: Best prices on-line
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Only complaint would be that the breakfast are was small compared to most Hampton Inns and Drury Inns. Excellent property!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
JaninaOne
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The place reminded me of Disney's California Adventure, the decor was beautiful, clean, and fun. The room was spacious with high ceilings, the continental breakfast was standard, my daughters loved the pool area and the location was perfect-close to shopping and restaurants. Customer service was excellent, I left my swim suit behind and they mailed it back to CA for me. I would definitely stay again. -If I had to say anything negative, it would probably be that the beds were not the best I've ever slept in(again not terrible)

Room Tip: standard room-full/queen
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 27, 2011

My husband & I stayed at the Stoney Creek In - Moline, IL. and enjoyed it so much that we took our 12 year old granddaughter to this one in St. Joseph. She really liked the bunk bed suite and swim thru swimming pool, but we were somewhat disappointed. Our commode kept running, we had a view of the roof and air conditioning units, the wind kept howling through the window and the Hot Tub was out of order. When making our reservation, we were only able to stay one night and now, I am glad. Yes, it was very nice, but on a much smaller and less decorated than Moline. We probably will not stay at this Stoney Creek Inn again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ConcernFixer, Director Of Corporate Support Services at Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear My,
Thank you for sharing your experience. On behalf of our entire team in St. Joseph I sincerely apologize about your commode and the hot tub being out of order during your stay and the luck of the draw that gave you a non-Northwoods view as well. I assure you we do and will continue to make every effort to keep everything running smoothly and I’m very sorry we failed you on your visit. I am thankful that your granddaughter liked the cozy bunk bed room and the pool. Thanks again for sharing.
Travelers also viewed these Saint Joseph hotels
#5 of 12 in Saint Joseph
Radisson St. Joseph
Radisson St. Joseph
#9 of 12 in Saint Joseph

Been to Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - St. Joseph? Share your experiences!