“One of our favorites for Mexican”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #138 of 217 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
“One of our favorites for Mexican”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

For decent Mexican food in St. Joseph, this is a good place to go. HUGE portions and friendly staff and you don't have to wait for a seat. We like the bean and cheese dip with chips and the good salsa, not too salty or spicy, but a nice bite to it.

Visited May 2014

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Very Bland...”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I was very disappointed in the quality of the food. It was extremely bland, no taste whatsoever. Our basket of chips seemed to be very stale, not good at all. I had ordered the Guacamole Salad, and was surprised to see that it consisted of mostly iceberg lettuce, a few diced tomatoes, small amount of shredded white cheese and a "glop" of guacamole on top. The service was minimal, My glass of water had been empty for quite some time before our waiter came to refill. Was not the best experience for Mexican food at all.

• Visited May 2014
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Good Times”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

First..why does a picture of the Ramada Hotel show up for La Mesa Mexican restaurant?
My husband and I stopped by the Belt La Mesa on our way to Maryville. We had a great time at the bar talking to the bartender. Food was very good. Margaritas were good. Great people watching. We also ate at the older La Mesa a couple of days later on a Sunday because NOTHING else was open in St. Joe on Sunday. We enjoyed it again. Good people watching at that location as well. Very entertaining.

Visited April 2014
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Better than most in town”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Everything is fresh. Dishes are appealing and huge. Most are very tasty. Often, they offer nice specials. Good price for what you get. Nothing seems to be packaged.

Visited March 2014
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Good food”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I come to St Jos several times a yr. to see family & La Massas is one place I always go to. Been to the one on Belt hwy while other lactation was close. Food is great at both places but I think the Belt Hwy is better. Chips are the best. & I really like the cheese sauce. I've not been disappointed ever! Service staff are really good, very a tentative. Prices are decent as well.