“Great food, service”

Saint Joseph, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, service”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything we've tried at La Mesa has been excellent. A server brings chips & salsa to your table as soon as you're seated that are really good. The servers are quick to respond to you needs, checking to make sure your food is satisfactory & you don't need a drink refill. The food is always hot & the portions are generous. Their new facility is nice & they kept the unique tables & chairs. Lots of booths, which is my favorite.

• Visited July 2013

Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“La Mesa 2715 Belt Highway Saint Joseph, MO”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent food. Great atmosphere. Friendly staff. First Mexican food place that has the most authentic Mexican food. Having eaten in Mexico many times, I have been searching for a Mexican shrimp cocktail and most restaurants come up short. La Mesa has it exactly they way they make it in Mexico. Will be back again.

• Visited July 2013
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Not as good as they used to be”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recently visited the newly reopened La Mesa. I used to frequent years go... they have recently remodeled. Lately we have been going to another local Mexican restaurant which is frankly much better. The food here seems to lack flavor. The atmosphere is nice. They kept the cool chairs. Booth seating is a little more elevated which is nice. Service was so so. The main complaint is the food just wasn't very good. The cheese on the nachos supreme we ordered was very soupy. My grandson's fries were very greasy and his chicken strips were not very good. Too bad because the building was very nice and looked inviting. It may have been just an off day, and we will try again.

• Visited January 2013
King City, Missouri, United States
“(New) La Mesa - Mitchell Ave. Not worth the trip”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stopped at the new La Mesa on Mitchell Ave in St. Joseph Saturday, Jan. 19 for lunch. I ordered a Burrito De La Mesa and my fiancee ordered a Chimichanga. Both meals were cold when they arrived. The waitress very cordially discounted my entree on our bill. The manager came to ask what my complaint was and when I told him the meal was cold he assured me all of their hot food was kept at 140 degrees. Possible, but by the time it got to the table it was cold.
We've NEVER had a bad experience at the North Belt location.

South La Mesa no more...

• Visited January 2013
Springfield, Oregon
“Que sabroso!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I always have the same thing: chile verde with pork and corn tortillas. Brilliant. I tear up the tortillas and scoop up the meat with my fingers to get the full effect. Their iced tea is strong, unsweetened black tea that goes marvelously with their thoroughly respectable food. Can't wait to try their new store going up at Belt & Mitchell!

Visited September 2012