“Is all Missouri Mexican this bad?”

La Mesa Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #141 of 220 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 22, 2011

A slanted review since we are from Texas.

Pros:
Nice looking place
Ok service

Cons:
Very bland food
Salsa is just the worse
Terrible beans

3  Thank Bryan G

Reviewed October 25, 2009

I grew up in this town and this was my favorite restaurant until I moved away about 10 years ago. My parents still live in the area and so I am in town a bit each year. I have eaten here twice in the last year and the food and drink have really taken a dive. There used to be a bartender named Julio who made the most amazing margaritas he is gone and with him went the good drink. The salsa is still good as I read in another review as is the queso but is this really how you judge a mexican restaurant? The fajitas were too waterlogged and floppy they didnt have a crisp flavor like they just left the grill. The chips weren't warm like they used to be. I was dissapointed in what I used to think of as the best mexican food.

Reviewed December 2, 2008

If you enjoy authentic Mexican food, this is the place. I very much enjoy the fajitas, carnitas, or the Burrito de Camarones (fajita grilled shrimp, veggies and rice stuffed in a huge tortilla).

And of course the salsa is awesome.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook