“True Bar B Que”

Dining options: Reservations
Lufkin, Texas
“True Bar B Que”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is real smoked in flavor bar b que. We had the beef and potato salad and beans with garlic bread. It was just as advertized and tender, you could cut it with a fork. Very delicious.

Visited June 2013

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Ok, not great”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Went looking for a great BBQ dinner, found just okay. The potato salad, cole slaw, and turkey were good. The wet chicken was dry and overlooked chicken pieces with a heavy flavorless too sweet sauce on it. I tasted all the sauces on the table and none were overly impressive. The highlight was a great server. She was warm and welcoming. Made me feel as if she was truly glad to see me. The restaurant itself was clean but old looking and in need of an update. I think from now on, I'll drive the 45min to KC when I'm craving BBQ.

• Visited June 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Always a fun place”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Food is great staff is awesome - The place is clean and well located. I would recommend the ribs!!! Good Stuff

Visited May 2013
“BBQ Done Right!!!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My favorite BBQ place. I love their ribs, the bbq beans are heavenly, the brunswick stew is incredibly tasty, and their bread is wonderful. I really like their sauces as well. I prefer the spicy sauce. The boiled peanuts are good, too, but they are more of an acquired taste. Add a sweet tea and you got yourself a meal. Smell that smoke!!!

• Visited May 2013
Central Nebraska
“Yummmmm!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very friendly waitress. Quick service. Very reasonable prices at dinner. My husband had pork and beef plate. The beef was melt-in-your-mouth. I had chicken dinner. Very tender and tasty. Kids had ribs and chicken strips...both cleaned their plates! Enjoyed the unique potato salad and the okra was very tasty as well.

• Visited March 2013