“Okay if you like that sort of thing.”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #21 of 215 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Okay if you like that sort of thing.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Portions are smallish. Prices are largish, but if you like filling up on biscuits and rolls, this is the place for you.

• Visited February 2013

“It's Cracker Barrel”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have been to more consistently good CB locations. Service is good and waitstaff is pleasant. The specials are sometimes good, the usual dishes are prepared well, but the kitchen can get behind.

Visited November 2012
“Great service”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

it was freezing cold outside when I came here to dinner. I was welcomed by a roaring fire in the fire place. The chicken and dumplings rocked.I travel a lot and it's nice top get this type of home cooking on the road.

Owatonna, Minnesota
“Friendly and family friendly”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We ate at the Cracker Barrel as part of a family gathering with many smaller children. The staff was patient, helped the children in menu selection, and brought activities to entertain them. The food was average but the muffins and biscuits were excellent.

• Visited January 2013
West Fargo, North Dakota
“I Expected Better”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stopped by Cracker Barrel in other areas. So, I had some expectations to the quality of the food. Our meal was okay. The veggies was perfectly cooked and my husband enjoyed the meatloaf. But, I was disappointed with the chicken and dumplings. It was okay. I just expected better.

When we first walked in, several servers were congregated in their own private discussion. They didn't even notice walk up. But, they were friendly when they seated and served us. When we went up to pay for the meal, I didn't really see smiles until we purchased some playful toys.

The experience will make me second guess whether I want to stop at any Cracker Barrel again. I may as well stop at a more accessible restaurant to get an okay meal and service. But, I will probably give Cracker Barrel another chance.

• Visited January 2013