“I Expected Better”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #17 of 214 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Fargo, North Dakota
“I Expected Better”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We have stopped by Cracker Barrel in other areas. So, I had some expectations to the quality of the food. Our meal was okay. The veggies was perfectly cooked and my husband enjoyed the meatloaf. But, I was disappointed with the chicken and dumplings. It was okay. I just expected better.

When we first walked in, several servers were congregated in their own private discussion. They didn't even notice walk up. But, they were friendly when they seated and served us. When we went up to pay for the meal, I didn't really see smiles until we purchased some playful toys.

The experience will make me second guess whether I want to stop at any Cracker Barrel again. I may as well stop at a more accessible restaurant to get an okay meal and service. But, I will probably give Cracker Barrel another chance.

• Visited January 2013

Saint Joseph, Missouri
“COUNTRY HOMESTYLE MEALS”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I like most of their food. Use to work there as a greeter. Have visited several Cracker barrel Restaurants when I use to travel. They are smoke free now. Only challenge is that it is "loud" in their restaurants because of the high ceilings and open settings and natural wood design.

Visited November 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good Comfort Food and Service”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The food is basic, but is satisfying. Our meals came out promptly and hot. Service was very good, We can always depend on getting a great meal for a reasonable price at a Cracker Barrel,.

Visited October 2012
Rock Port, Missouri
“Great comfort food!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is a great restaurant, serving all the comforts of momma's cooking!! And they recently made the entire restaurant smoke-free!!!!

• Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cracker barrel”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had a very good meal at a reasonable price. The food was good and our wives enjoyed the shopping in the store.

Visited March 2012