“Very Disappointing To Say The Least”
Review of Applebee's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Applebee's
Ranked #154 of 221 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I've never been a true fan of Applebee's but do eat there occasionally with friends or coworkers in Kansas City and always receive a good tasting meal with good service. Recently I was given an Applebee's gift card and decided to use it when my wife and I were in St. Joseph. First off, someone really needs to teach the hostess how to at least act like she wants to be there. She was almost to the point of being rude when taking us to our table. Our server seemed to be more concerned visiting with the customers at the next table over from us than doing her job. The food, once it finally came out, was much below the quality you would expect from this chain. The portions were extremely small and not cooked well. When my wife asked about the serving size of her salad ( she thought she had mistakenly got a half salad instead of a full one ) she was told that the servings are the same in every restaurant and that was it. Our drinks were never refilled unless we asked and we were never thanked when paying or leaving. I did ask to speak with the manager but was told there was none on the property at the time.

It's hard to imagine the owners of this property would allow it to be ran by the rude, inconsiderate staff. Hopefully after seeing some of the reviews they will make this a better place to visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Bad service waitress said we could have salads instead of veggies but then charged extra never gave refills and my steak was tough.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

First of all, when we went in their hostess barely acknowledged us and hardly looked at us. Our waiter was excellent and the only good thing about the experience. Our onion rings were great and then it went down hill fast. I ordered a baked potatoe and since the ones they had were dry, they offered me a sub. The cold french fries I got were pretty bad. My steak was cooked the way I like it though. My vegetables were barely warm also. Overall, I probably will not go back when there are other places for the same price that serve you HOT food.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have eaten at Applebees before and had an average experience or better. Ordering off the 2 for $20.00 menu the steak was very tough and the service a little lacking in some areas. Also it was smoky nearby and we are used to smoke free restaurants.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This has been a staple for many years and always offers a good menu. It is a sports bar so this isn't the place to go for a quiet meal.