“Do not go here!!”

Whiskey Creek Wood Fire Grill
Ranked #6 of 216 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: A small, family-owned group of restaurants, hand-crafting food since 1995. We feature wood-fire grilled steaks cooked over full-size logs of oak and ash, award-winning BBQ slow-smoked on premise, homemade desserts and much more.
United States
“Do not go here!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were looking for a quick, easy meal just off the interstate on our way to KC. Unfortunately, we stopped here.

I initially ordered a ruben and my wife ordered a salad. 10 minutes after placing our order the waiter came back and told me that the meat for my sandwhick wasn't thawed out and would take about 30 minutes to get it thawed out!! I ordered a hamburger and fries.

The salad arrived and I can guarantee it was made by greens that have been frozen. The worst salad I have ever seen in my life! My hamburger was ok; not the worst I have had. It was served with a small amount of greasy fries.

We will never, ever stop here again! Any drive thru would be able to provide a better quality of food.

• Visited December 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Salt of the earth”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A western themed bar restaurant with good décor, cheerful serving staff and substandard food. I meant really, really bad food.
I ordered one of their specialty lunch. Prime rib sandwich, Italian pasta with alfredo sauce. The cheerful waitress gave a glowing recommendation of the prime rib sandwich. A very thinly sliced, overcooked, jerky-tough roast beef between two slider buns. If this is any indication of their steaks, one would be breaking their teeth chewing the meat. Also, it was bland. Surely they have heard of salt! As for the pasta… Whatever that was around [that day, it was penne] with what seemed like melted Velveeta processed cheese [from its watery consistency, color, taste] with three shrimps. It was extremely salty. So, that’s where all the salt was used!
The serving staff was cheerful enough… when they were at your table. But, they were never around when you need them. The manager was walking around without any purpose or function.
The peanut was good though.

• Visited December 2012
Fredericktown, Missouri
“Always Great Food”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Our Server was absolutely fantastic -- she never let my iced tea get empty before she brought another. The food was really good ... we have learned to get half-portions, otherwise we eat way too much! LOL

Visited November 2012
Filley, Ne
“You get a nice meal, nothing out of the ordinary.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This steak house is right with the ramada hotel. My boys split a steak and were very satified with it. My mother and I had a large appetizer plate and it was OK-nothing spectacular. Waitress was nice. We did have some sangria and that was pretty good.

Visited August 2012
Joplin, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Steaks”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Both of our steaks were over cooked. Service was good. Oriental rice was horrible. Asparagus was tough and stringy from the large size.

Visited May 2012