“No problem for me”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Omaha, Nebraska
“No problem for me”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stopped in St Joe on my way back to Omaha from a business trip and decided to grab some dinner. The GPS showed that I was close to Rib Crib so I went. Very easy to find. There was plenty of parking and even though I arrived after 9PM, they were very friendly.

The food was hot. No soggy fries. I had one of their specials that had 3 ribs, a side of fries, cole slaw, bread and sweet tea.

The ribs were good. My only complaint was that the cole slaw may have been a little old, but it was edible.

I didn't really care for any of their sauces. I like a really hot sauce on my ribs. I see nothing wrong with shedding a few tears in sweet agony as you chow down on spicy ribs so to my dismay, there were no hot sauces. The BBQ sauce was too sweet for my liking. The mustard sauce wasn't strong enough. But it may be fine for others, just not my preference.

All in all, I will stop by this place the next time I'm passing through. I think it's worth the stop.

• Visited June 2012

Smithfield, Utah
“BBQ with a side of plastic”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

(This review is for the Rib Crib in Independence, couldn't find this one on line). In all fairness the food was actually moderately good, got the 3 meat combo and enjoyed the meal right up to the point of pulling a small 4 inch piece of plastic wrap out of my mouth that apparently was cut up into the pulled pork. Staff was very accommadating and quite embarrassed and gave me a discount on the meal. Was told the plastic never touched uncooked food and the situation was resolved with the cooks I'm sure. While mistakes do happen, I probably wouldn't go back just because of the situation. One quick way to really ruin a meal.

• Visited June 2012
Maryland
“Great ribs, very good pulled pork”
Reviewed June 7, 2012 via mobile

Great ribs and  wry good pulled pork. The ribs were falling of the bone tender, but without the meat falling apart. Dry rubbed ribs, St. Louis style. The ribs are some of the best I hAve ever had!  I am not usually a fan of mustard sauce, but there mustard sauce was great on the sausage and the beef brisket. The. Beef brisket was good, but I prefer it to be a bit more tender.

Deerfield, Wisconsin
“Rib Crib”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had lunch there. Food was very good, as was the service. Inside was very cold, though. They needed to turn off the air conditioning and turn on the heat. Was 50 degrees outside.

• Visited November 2011
Brunswick, OHIO
“Do Not Waste Your Time”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Service: Slow and the place was pretty empty. I had the pulled pork sandwich, Carolina style (coleslaw on top). I was not impressed with the food quality or the service. Do Not Make the Mistake I did, stay away.

• Visited February 2012