“Great Dinner at Fredrick's”

Fredrick Inn Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 214 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A hometown favorite! A scratch kitchen that serves different lunch specials daily and a full menu nightly. Night time meals include unlimited trips to our salad bar, as well as fresh made rolls and cinnamon rolls!
Independence, Missouri
“Great Dinner at Fredrick's”
Reviewed February 14, 2010

This restaurant is known for it's Prime Rib and my well-done end cut (how I like it) was fantastic. I loved the horseradish, too. It wasn't in a creamy sauce, was grated with lots of bite. That said, the spinach salad was the star of the meal. It has a homemade dressing and was better than many I've paid $8 for - simply perfection with mushrooms, bean sprouts, egg, bacon & croutons. The steak soup was also homemade and delicious. My husband had the salad bar and said it was really good. He liked his T-bone, it was thick and done as he ordered, but they don't charcoal grill their steaks if that is what you want. We ate at 9pm and the potatoes had been held a little too long. The homemade cinnamon rolls were delicious. Our waitress was attentive and checked on us several times without being obtrusive.

Omaha, Nebraska
“An old steakhouse gem.”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I chose this restaurant based on the previous reviews. I was not disappointed. It was exactly like I visiualized it. I had their tenderloin plate. I had trouble cutting it because everytime I tried, it fell apart before I could complete the cut. Yes, THAT tender. My wife had hot roast beef sandwich which she said was melt in your mouth tender. We went early on a Friday night without reservations. I felt lucky to be seated immediately however when we left there still wasn't a line waiting. I credit an efficient staff keeping things going. The staff was serving a couple large groups but didn't neglect us, in fact helped guide us to the salad bar around the large group dominating the room (they've done this before!) Other reviewers raved about the salad bar, I found it just adequate and access was hampered by its corner location. I will return to try a steak, I only gave it four stars because of its very intimate (read crowded) table arrangements. It was a Friday night and all the families must have been at a football game as most of the patrons looked to be empty nesters. I recommend reservations at least on weekends. Efficient knowledgable service.

2 Thank herniaowner
Missouri
“Fabulous food and service”
Reviewed September 18, 2009

Tried this restaurant after reading the reviews at tripadvisor.com. We figured it would be good food when we arrived and the restaurant was crowded. First, our waitress was wonderful - very attentive to us and had great recommendations. My husband and I split the prime rib and tilapia meal. To our delight, the kitchen staff split the entire meal for us before it was brought out; at other restaurants we have to do that on our own. My husband and I are both light eaters so splitting meals works best for us, and we don't leave stuffed and miserable after eating. Second, you must try the steak soup. It was the best steak soup I have ever had! My husband had the salad bar and he said everything was fresh and very good selection. With the meal and the rolls and the cinnamon rolls, we didn't have a bit of room for dessert, but I bet you that would have been great too. I give it a definite thumbs up!

2 Thank atahart
St. Charles
“Outstanding home cooking★★★★★”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We were looking for a place to eat on the way to Omaha on I 29 and we hit the Jackpot. If you are near St. Joseph do yourself a favor and have diner at the Frederick Inn. The salad bar is something I usually skip but don't skip this one. The lettuce is a regular mix but the best part is all the homemade salads and real summer tomatoes. When we got back to the table, the server brought us home made rolls and yes, home made cinnamon rolls! I had a boneless chicken with cheese and bacon but got to taste the fried chicken and steak, all quite delicious. I was stuffed but my dining partners ordered the peach pie-quite tasty too with a tender crust and just the right amount of sugar to my taste. the price was a bargain $8 for pork tenderloin dinner including salad bar and rolls to $20+ for a steak dinner.

1 Thank Wekick
Missouri
“Simply the best Saint Joseph, Missouri has to offer!”
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Fine food in a casual "homey" place.

The service is great and friendly.

The food is the best. Salad bar is a great one.

This is the place you take your "special" friend from out of town when they comes for a visit and you want them to be treated like royalty.

Not a "weekly" but an "anaversery" type of place