“Pan cooked steaks!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fredrick Inn Steakhouse

Fredrick Inn Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 212 Restaurants in Saint Joseph
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A hometown favorite! A scratch kitchen that serves different lunch specials daily and a full menu nightly. Night time meals include unlimited trips to our salad bar, as well as fresh made rolls and cinnamon rolls!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pan cooked steaks!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Went there last night and ordered their special which was the sirloin. My husband ordered the T-Bone steak. He took a bite and said taste this. It tastes like it has been cooked in a microwave. I took one bite and spit it out. There was absolutely no seasonings on it either. We asked the waitress how they are cooked and she told us in a pan. What steakhouse "who by the way are supposedly known for their steaks" or so their website said, doesn't charbroil.

After we told the waitress it wasn't very good she was not very nice the rest of the meal. I remember going there as a kid and it was very good. Now I'm in my late 30's and it still looks the same inside "old"! My husband and I got to looking around and the few people their eating were all senior citizens. Maybe that is why they don't season the food! I highly recommend not eating there. I will never go there again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Karen E, General Manager at Fredrick Inn Steakhouse, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Fredrick Inn uses a flat grill for cooking steaks. We also have the option of adding seasonings to any steak.

King City, Missouri, United States
“One of our St. Joe all-time favorites.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

Karen and her gang always make us feel welcome when we visit. The food is very good and we feel like we've almost had a meal with family when we leave. The Fredrick Inn has excellent steaks, seafood, soups, and the best Spinach Salad we've had anywhere. The service is great and the ambiance is exactly right.

• Visited August 2012
Saint Joseph, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I like eating at the Fredrick Inn. The service people are friendly and attentive. There is a salad bar that has a nice selection to choose from. They also have a flavorful spinach salad that my wife prefers. Although it is a steak house, I prefer the fried chicken. It is priced well and fried after the order is put in, so it takes a little longer for that meal. The atmosphere reminds me of restaurants I used to go to as a kid. It probably could use an update, but then the ambiance would be ruined. The prices for the rest of the meals are reasonable. One drawback is the smoke that emanates from the bar/smoking area. I prefer to have a smoke-free environment when I eat. The air filtration system could be better.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Mark S
Drift, KY
“Tour and personal trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

The food was wonderful. Wish I would have had time for the desserts. They looked heavenly

Visited July 2012
St Joseph
“Super Experience, Always!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

There is Always Super Daily Specials, at Affordable Prices. My all time Favorite is their Prime Rib. It's the Best I've had All Across the US, You Just Can't Beat It! The Staff really sets this place apart... Dara, Tina, Becky, Jill, Annette, Julia, Barb, Cathy, Freda, Megan, Karen and all the others. They all make you feel so Welcomed. It's more than just a Dinning Experience! If you're ever in St. Joseph, MO this Is The Place to check out. I've continued to have the Best time here, and I Bet You Will Also.

• Visited July 2012