“Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

The food was good. The people and the service was great. You got more then enough to eat. If we go back to St Joseph we would eat rhere again.

There are newer reviews for Boudreaux's Louisiana Seafood

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

One of the nicest restaurants in St. Joe that's a locally owned. Family and I had a great time celebrating a birthday. I have no reference for creole but I've always enjoyed this place. Parking can be weird if your not familiar with downtown St. Joe, but it is in a really neat old brick building. I tried something new and wasn't disappointed (seafood sauté). Decent tap selection Boulevard basics, and a few from Abita. Abita is a Louisiana brewery pretty good in my opinion. Overall it's a nice place for dinner and a beer.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Located in downtown St. Joe's, it was a bit off the beaten path. However, I'm very glad we made the effort to find it. We had jambalaya, red beans and rice, blackened catfish and gumbo. Everything was great and the portions were large. Not too spicy hot. The fish was served with a condiment, that seemed to be made up of cream, butter, and lemon. So good! For dessert we tried the Hershey's Chocolate brownie sundae. Served warm there was plenty of deliciousness for the three of us! A really nice flavor contract to our savory meal. Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

While we have several of the better "chain" restaurants, which you know you can always count on, Boudreaux's is one of the few "unique" places we have. The food is delicious. I love the chicken fried chicken (the sauce is incredible), the house salad dressing is delightful and the crab bisque is truly out of this world.

1  Thank Punkiwi
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The 5-1/2 hour drive to get there is worth it, it's that 5-1/2 hour drive home that's a killer. This is one of 2 restaurants in the world I'd drive that far just to eat there. The other is a BBQ joint in Chattanooga Tennessee.

My wife got the fried platter which was enough food for both of us! That's ok though because the leftovers are just as good. I had the ribeye cajun steak. It was juicy, tender and seasoned to perfection.

Ok, that's it. I'm tasting a road trip! See ya there!