“Fantastic gator!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love this joint! Great atmosphere. Great food. My picky eater son also loves the fried alligator! The cream sauce/gravy served with a lot of the entrees is a heavenly southern delight. If you like Louisiana cuisine go there!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

made it back to Boudreaux again for some more O-Rings...still the best ever. Seafood Coubillion is also very good as is the Crab Bisque
Love the atmosphere...still no sign out front after all these years

1  Thank nwfanatic
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were traveling through St. Joseph for a family event and had a family lunch at Boudreaux's restaurant. We are always looking for interesting places to try and this place came highly recommended by family and friends. The restaurant has a fun atmosphere and is decorated with a Mardi Gras theme. Boudreaux's restaurant is located in an historic building downtown and has loads of charm. The wood shelves and cabinets behind the bar are beautiful. If I had stopped in Boudreaux's restaurant for a drink with friends, I probably would have given this establishment higher ratings; however, the food was pretty average.

Since we were part of a large party, we dined in a room off the main dining area, which was quite and made the experience feel more intimate. We sampled a few appetizers before our meal (Louisiana Crab Dip and Spinach Artichoke Dip) which we thought were very good. However, our meals varied in quality and some items were way too salty. Three different folks in our group got salads with the sweet onion salad dressing, which they said had too much pepper to eat.

Service was spotty. We appreciated that we never felt rushed as you do in some restaurants where they are trying to quickly turn tables, so we were able to linger over our meals and enjoy the conversation. But, at times the waitress seemed a bit harried and almost "tossed" a full salad plate at one of the members of our party. We had to chase her down to get water due to the too peppery salad dressing. Maybe they were short staffed that day? Don't know if this is typical since I've only eaten there once.

I'd return to Boudreaux's restaurant to meet friends and share a cocktail/appetizers, but probably wouldn't eat dinner there again.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We arrived in Saint Jo on a rainy evening and were very pleased to hear of a Cajun restaurant near our hotel in downtown. I really love Cajun food and have eaten it many times in Louisiana and Texas. This was pretty good but not the best. However, for the area it was a welcome suprise.

The food was well prepared but it all tasted the same. The "grilled" seafood was saturated in butter and did not taste grilled but rather sauteed and it was quite salty. I was in the mood for spicy after traveling thru the midwest and not finding many spicy alternatives and this did not quite do the trick - but it was close and holding me over till I get back to Texas.

My main issue was the service was not very good. I had to repeatedly ask the waitress for more drinks. She never asked if we wanted another drink - my boyfriend likes beer and I had to stop her twice for another one. Also I ran out of wine and rather than offer me another glass, I had to stop her and ask for another glass. Just not attentive.

If I am ever in Saint Jo again I would choose another restaurant.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Get the catfish sandwich - it was excellent! Great location - close to holiday inn. Service w good and prices reasonable. No complaints.