“don't waste your money”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Seriously, this place was HORRIBLE. two people suggested coming here and that it was the best mexican place in town. Me, loving food and mexican.. was totally okay trying it out. I am by no means, picky and hard to please. I got online and read reviews and started to have mixed feelings over it after reading some negative things. BUT we still went, regardless of what we read, considering we did in deed hear great things

First off, I was very disappointed the chips and salsa cost money. well....okay. Yet they were still very great.

I ordered the pick 3. A Taco, Cheese Enchilada and pork tamale.
The taco shell was good, but the meat was so blah.

The cheese enchilada was soooo horrible. The cheese on it tasted like sliced american cheese. I couldn't even finish half of it,

and last, the tamale. It was wrapped in plastic and the meat was dry and seemed to not even be cooked all the way

But the service was in deed good.

my overall experience there wasn't good. I really wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Although my fiance didn't mind his burrito, and the chips and salsa were good. You're better off trying somewhere else.

5  Thank nikki H

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We have eaten at one or the other of Barbosa's restaurants over the years. My husband and I like the deluxe nachos--large enough to share. This was the 1st trip with the grandchildren. They both got the cheese quesadillas. They declared them very good. Service was good. When our grandson didn't want the sides for his child's selection, the server suggested we get it for someone else in our party. She wanted to make sure we knew that we had to pay for it even if we didn't want it. I appreciated her concern for our money as well as our appetites.
We have toured the building on other trips. For a 1st timer be sure to look around.
Warning: rest rooms are upstairs and there is no elevator.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I travel to St. Joe quite often for my job. This has become my favorite place to eat while I'm in town. I love the atmosphere of this beautiful old house. The service is always outstanding and so is the food. I look forward to my next visit to your restaurant.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you like canned cheese, miniscule beef bits in your queso, super salty sauce and gummy tortillas, you need look no further. If these are made from scratch recipes, who knows how they've stayed in business this long.

6  Thank Gayle S
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Our server was fabulous. When she heard we'd never been before (we were on a road trip, passing through), she brought us samples of the house specialties.
We highly recommend the pork in red sauce. You will not go wrong with it.
They do use flour tortillas exclusively. Whatever you order, from tacos to chips, will be flour. Be forewarned!