“Good Stay - Lucky with Great Room”

Candlewood Suites St Joseph
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Saint Joseph
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at the Candlewood as part of a wedding block. The rate was fair. We were lucky and got a huge room that looked more like a one bedroom condo. The accomodations were clean and the room came with a kitchenette, which was really nice. The front desk was always friendly and helpful. It is also just a short drive from St. Joseph and the beach. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Travis P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for the comment but I believe you are meaning to send a comment about the St. Joseph/Benton Harbor , MI Candlewood Suites!

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites St Joseph

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Rooms are very nice, I really liked the kitchen area with full size fridge, dishwasher, microwave and stove top. Plenty of TV channels on nice wide screen TV's. The BluRay player in the room was a nice touch. Everything looked brand new. Beds were comfortable. Hotel was quiet. Plenty of places to eat and shop very near the hotel. I will stay here again when in St. Joe.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Travis P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and we look forward to seeing you again! Thanks!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

New property close to good restaurants. Clean but no frills at a good price. Big disappointment -- no ice machine on floors or in the entire place. You'd have to stay for a week to get enough ice out of the in room refrigerator. Come on Intercontinental--don't be so cheap!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Travis P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Very sorry about no ice machine. We do stock ice here at the front desk so that we can give it out. We hope the rest of your stay was wonderful. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was on my way to Kansas City and needed a place to stay for the night. After calling about 10 other hotels I found this place had a room. So here is what I see, beds are great room was clean except for some hair in the shower. I like that there is a fridge and stove but no ovens. Also for people who haven't stayed at a candlewood they don't offer complimentary breakfast but they do have everything you need to make it in your room. They do have a store you can buy basic things for breakfast. They other thing is there is no place to swim. Overall it's a nice place but for a few bucks more I'd go for a holiday inn express for the pools and free hot breakfast but if you needing a place to stay for a longer term than one night this is nice for the fact you can cook your own food in your room. Also saw nice fitness room and laundry facilities.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Travis P, Manager at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for the comments about the hotel. We will soon be opening a Holiday Inn Express & Suites right across the street. We are certainly set up for the longer term guest and very sorry about the hair in the tub and I assure that will not happen again. Again, thank you for the comments and the next time you stay in St. Joseph we hope you choose the Candlewood Suites!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family and I came here late on a monday night, after trying to stay at a different hotel that was terrible. The man at the front desk here was wonderful and very friendly. He helped us out with getting a room late! The room was beautiful and modern. We are a family of 5 so the eat in kitchen was great! Very, Very clean and all in all a great hotel to stay at. It is also surrounded by a new development with lots of shopping! They also have a great little store in the lobby with everything you could need for great prices!
We will definitely be staying here again on our travels!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great comments on the hotel and glad you enjoyed it so much. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My room was right by the stairs. Children and adulats ran up and down the stairs screaming, laughing at all hours. My room was next to the stairs so the noise would actually wake me up.The closet hanger bar was so low, meant for a person in a wheel chair no doubt but my clothes all dragged on the floor by several inches. I had asked to change rooms the first night and then for the second but no one responded to my request. The bathroom had no counter space so I took the extra toilet paper roll and the hotel shampoo bottles and put them on the floor so I had a place to set my tooth brush. Finally, the cleaning service began to vacuum the halls at 7 am . On the good side the staff was always exceptionally friendly, the room was clean and the bed comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Travis P, Manager at Candlewood Suites St Joseph, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

I am sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Furthermore, I am very disappointed to hear that our staff did not fulfill your request to switch rooms. Also, it sounds like you were placed in a ADA room. That was probably why the clothes were hanging so low. I am sorry. I would like to encourage you to stay at our property again in the future. If you do, I assure you that you will not be placed in a ADA room and you will not be placed right next to the stairs.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Brand new place, ask me about the special rate that I got and so could you. The only issue with this entire place is that they have those water saver shower heads and it took forever to get wet and wash off. Other than that this place great and I would star again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skidoo44

Thank you for the comments about the hotel and we hope you stay again!