“Excellent theatre, talented actors”
Review of Missouri Theater

Missouri Theater
Highland, Kansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent theatre, talented actors”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Most recently my friend and I went to see their production of "Our Town." "Our Town" I think has been done by everyone and probably read by everyone (I read it the first time in 6th grade). I thought Missouri Theatre did an excellent job and an age-old production. The actors did an out-standing job and the director did well at matching up character to actor. I can't wait for next year's season.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Deborah H

Chillicothe, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Atmosphere and Talent”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Local talent outshines professionals. Warm, friendly staff and excellent performances. Location is easy to find. The musicals are our favorite. We would rather see performances here than drive into Kansas City.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank janet_kirk
Joplin, Missouri
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Missouri Theater boasts some of the most beautiful architecture you'll find in a theater. You'll want to spend some time gazing at the beauty before your show begins! I've seen few theaters like it in the USA. Parking is close and prices to get in to shows are always reasonable.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Amy S
Gladstone, Missouri
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Small venue, very beautiful”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to a concert at the Missouri Theater. It is an old theater that has been renovated with the intent of keeping the old style and beautiful architecture. They did a great job. I believe the seating is a maximum of about 1200. We had seats in the back on the main floor. We had no problem seeing or hearing the concert. We were also pleasantly surprised to see that they actually left good leg room. A native of St. Joseph sat by me and told me about the fire and renovation, as well as the destruction of a similar theater across the street to make a parking lot. If you have the opportunity to attend an event at this theater, take it! You cannot choose a bad seat and it is beautiful.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank HappyRock2_10
Marshalltown, Iowa, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The experience had us laughing all night long.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

It is a small dinner theatre and the actors involve audience members throughout the play. Parking is close and easy.

Visited December 2012